Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
bryan

Spatchcocked Turkey

Curious as to why you are running the temp probe wire out the lid? Was this just a spot check of the IT? If you weren't aware, there's a rubber gasket port on the side of the KK to run your wires through. 

• Like 1

Thanks tony b. I use the port for the grill temp probe and run the other for the bird but it’s too big to pass through the rubber grommet so I go under lid. Still a good deal and no issue with heat loss in my 32”. 

Turkey was amazing and unbelievably, very little leftovers from this big 24 lb’r. 

5C9F0BB1-5308-4E97-9091-88ADEBFA5CAE.jpeg

38DDF8BD-AB78-4643-B77B-FAD538E3508D.jpeg

748074F1-F5F3-4CAE-AD59-C12B79009DC1.jpeg

Edited by Ancaster Fire BBQ
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, MacKenzie said:

Ancaster, lovely job on the turkey. It looks delicious. emoji4.png

What she said!

• Haha 1

Nice results.

I'm surprised that you can't get the 2 wires through the grommet? I can get 3 wires easily.

On 12/26/2018 at 9:33 PM, Ancaster Fire BBQ said:

Maybe I need to change them to some with a larger diameter hole? Not sure. All good none the less!

Took me a few tries before I discovered it but if you weren’t aware the grommet has a slit in the side.  Rather than trying to run the probe through it, you might try popping out the grommet, running your probes in first then putting the grommet back in last.  If the wires end up partially in the slit it won’t impact performance.

BTW awesome cook.  I burnt a turkey to a crisp last weekend on the rotisserie.  Operator error.  My son had back to back basketball games and I was in a hurry to get out the door.  I forgot to adjust the top vent back down from initial lighting.  Instead of settling in at 325 it went 2 1/2 hours at 525.  By the time we got back it had internal temp of over 200 degrees.  About as dry as the Griswold family Christmas turkey.  Still laughing about that one!

Edited by DJM
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Ancaster Fire BBQ said:

Thanks DJM! I feel like a dummy! I will use the grommet slit next time!

Don't, you are not alone. :occasion9: