Aussie Ora

Churchi 's pork loin

I thought I would try to do a pork loin the way churchi did and stuffed up lol. I scored the skin and salted it and left it in the fridge overnight to dry out51ee6e34c4f820faee5cf17e99743033.jpgwanted Ora to sit at 250 it decided 300 was more appropriate. OK so let it heat soak at 300 for 2.5 hrs. On it goes on the extender rackeebf864761e4d02eab4a7064fd20e10e.jpgI upped the temp to 400fd368730b006697e0b8eed353e9fb0e4.jpgLooks like the crackle is happening caabb25309278a47003909d9097b8e0e.jpggot it to 145 loving the thermapen but not the crackle I was after6b72e0164c6bcf674b5f5f39063fc7d1.jpgbut the meat was tender asb187a3aa548225e4c4430d8b6751e98c.jpg will give it another go

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I'd go with the rotisserie method, myself. YMMV

Also, it looks like you scored it too deep to me, just barely cut through the surface, maybe 1/4" deep. Might have been why you reached your IT before getting the crackle you wanted. 

Edited by tony b
  • Like 1

I'd go with the rotisserie method, myself. YMMV

Also, it looks like you scored it too deep to me, just barely cut through the surface, maybe 1/4" deep. Might have been why you reached your IT before getting the crackle you wanted. 

Definitely scored it to deep but in places buutstill should of been able to get some bubbling

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Oh why am i only seeing this post now @Aussie Ora! haha. 

How have you been doing them sense? Have you had another go?

I quite often do pork belly on the KK. I am doing one tonight in fact.

Like you mentioned, cutting too deep through the skin will not work well for crackle. Cutting just enough is the trick.

I am not so organised these days and dont get around to salting it the night before. I do however pour boiling hot water over the rind before i salt it before putting it onto the KK.

The trick is to cook it enough, but not too much so the meat is ruined. Id much rather have a good cook on the meat than the best crackle you can cook with over cooked meat.

• Like 1

Oh why am i only seeing this post now [mention=2714]Aussie Ora[/mention]! haha. 
How have you been doing them sense? Have you had another go?
I quite often do pork belly on the KK. I am doing one tonight in fact.
Like you mentioned, cutting too deep through the skin will not work well for crackle. Cutting just enough is the trick.
I am not so organised these days and dont get around to salting it the night before. I do however pour boiling hot water over the rind before i salt it before putting it onto the KK.
The trick is to cook it enough, but not too much so the meat is ruined. Id much rather have a good cook on the meat than the best crackle you can cook with over cooked meat.
Got my self a thousand prongs of death meat tenderizer works great

Outback kamado Bar and Grill

• Like 1