Garvinque

Hello from Troy New York, not KK owner yet!

Ok, I want a KK for my birthday which is not until May. Gives me time to save up for it and I want a 19" Hi-Cap Table Top because it's just me for the most part and on occasion a few friends or family. The stand I know I want but what comes STANDARD with it and do I need the following trying to keep costs down.

1. Side tables

2. Baking stone

3. Grate Grabbers

4. Charcoal basket shield

5. Roti basket

6. Coco char fuel

I really need some help with this because this will be the most money I spent on something not a car! Also this is the one I want: THE GREEN GOBLIN WILL BE IT'S NAME!!!!

Green Komodo Kamado.jpg

17 minutes ago, HalfSmoke said:

The baking stone you want is the 19" hi cap baking stone which is thick and shaped like the upper grate...completely fills it. Fantastic stone. 

Yes on the roti basket. You'll also need to get a motor from OneGrill: http://www.onegrill.com/Stainless_Electric_Grill_Rotisserie_Spit_Rod_Motor_p/4pm05.htm

The motor for the roti was my next question. Thanks'

Garvin

I think Bosco's list covers the essentials. It isn't everything you'll want, but it's everything you need. Only thing is I don't know if Dennis has a roti rod for the 19", but if not the basket is great too. The grill comes with the roti mount, motor bracket, and drive shaft, so just need the OneGrill motor and a basket or rod. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bosco said:

I was wondering when you would be joining over here.  Welcome aboard.  

For me I would get the following:

roti rod, baking stone, cover to start.  See what else you may like and go from there. 

You are going to love it for sure 

CKreef, HalfSmoke and you are the main reasons I want one, was drooling over the 23 but being single and not always cooking for more than two thought the 19 would be better starting point.

Garvin

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Aussie Ora said:

Welcome mate baking stone rotisserie and a charcoal splitter is what I would get to start of with .you are going to love it

Outback Kamado Bar and Grill

Thank you and that's seems about right along with everyone who has commented. The roti basket is what I want more than the rod.

Would you consider using the deflector as a baking stone! Good idea or not?

I know it's not recommended but I use my deflector as a pizza stone. I never use it as a deflector. And it works better as a pizza stone than my actual pizza stone (not a KK stone. I'm sure the kk stone would be better). I also use a piece of parchment under my pizza as well.