Jon B.

Snow In Dixie

I was visiting and working in Atlanta years ago and there was a 1" overnight snow fall.  I left the hotel around 7am,  was the only one on the road and only 2 of the 200 people working at the warehouse showed up for work.  Not making fun.....but truly a different mind set.......................and equipment to handle the snow.  

When we received 32" of snow over night.....3 employees were late to work.      

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jon B. said:

I was visiting and working in Atlanta years ago and there was a 1" overnight snow fall.  I left the hotel around 7am,  was the only one on the road and only 2 of the 200 people working at the warehouse showed up for work.  Not making fun.....but truly a different mind set.......................and equipment to handle the snow.  

When we received 32" of snow over night.....3 employees were late to work.      

That picture above would be enough to close school here. Coming here from Chicago...completely different mindset. As a kid in Chicago I think we closed school once under extreme conditions. The mindset was that if ANYONE can get to school, school's open. Here, the mindset is: If EVERYONE can't get to school without being inconvenienced, then NOBODY will go to school. No child left behind, y'know.

• Like 1

I know where they're coming from. We get snow once every 10 years and when we do, it's a nightmare. Even if the roads have ice on them, people drive like they normally do and it looks like a demolition derby.  Watch kids on bumper cars and that pretty much sums it up. By the way, the high today is 75. 

• Like 1