Garvinque

What's next?

So I don't think anyone here is disappointed with their KK, and know from just reading thru the posts that I will be truly satisfied with my purchase. My question is what' next for you in charcoal or gas grilling/smoking I would be pretty sure this question has been asked but it can not be a KK or ceramic cooker, what would be your next cooker? For me after I got my KK I would lean towards a Weber Summit Charcoal Grill or the hybrid American Muscle Grill!      

Garvin

Remember can't be another KK or Ceramic cooker

First, a second KK, probably 32"

Anything else I'm eyeing is purely for the convenience:

- Blackstone Pizza Oven

- Maybe -- and that's a VERY BIG maybe -- a pellet grill. The only reason I'd consider this is for my wife. She used to grill when we had a gasser. If she said she'd use a pellet grill I'd get her one. 

Don't really need anything else. Maybe a smaller KK, mostly 'cuz ckreef and MacKenzie make those 16's look so much fun.

I realize I violated the rule on can't be another KK...don't care ;)

Edited by HalfSmoke
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, HalfSmoke said:

First, a second KK, probably 32"

Anything else I'm eyeing is purely for the convenience:

- Blackstone Pizza Oven

- Maybe -- and that's a VERY BIG maybe -- a pellet grill. The only reason I'd consider this is for my wife. She used to grill when we had a gasser. If she said she'd use a pellet grill I'd get her one. 

Don't really need anything else. Maybe a smaller KK, mostly 'cuz ckreef and MacKenzie make those 16's look so much fun.

I realize I violated the rule on can't be another KK...don't care ;)

Age has it's privileges-LOL

1 hour ago, Garvinque said:

Get her the Davey Crockett pellet grill small in size and still functional! It has very good reviews!

Garvin

IF I did it, it would definitely not be one with all the bells and whistles. Just a convenience. Other than that, I've been through most of the others, save for an offset (which interests me not at all). Just don't see the need. Just give me a couple of KK's and a convenience item or two. I'm good. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ckreef said:

Large ceramic Yakatori grill is on the short list.

A two burner griddle is on the list. Not sure where I'd put it but the moment I find one on sale for the right price I'm pulling the trigger. 

I see that Yakatori table in your future like the one in the video I posted on the Guru!

• Like 1

My next "cooker" will be a real pizza/bread oven; a Valoriani/Mugnaini.  The KK does an admirable job for pizza bakes considering its a bottom heat source but still leaves room on the table for all things Neapolitan baking where the dome temps are much higher than the floor which shares heat source and pie space.