Pequod

Help Me Pick A Color

6 hours ago, bosco said:

That is wonderful.  Great news I personally am very excited for you.  

The accessories seem perfect.  I think the rod will do you well and the double bottom drip I have used with the 23 but never the 32... it's really big and heavy.  

Looks like the perfect setup and can't wait to see it in the yard 

I can second this!  The double bottom drip tray is a great table top on the patio for things that might roll off the table, but you need a crane or a real big tall strong person to lift it out of the big32's firepit.

Jeff, maybe you could use the ice to your benefit and skid the KK across the frozen ground?

Edited by FotonDrv

8 hours ago, FotonDrv said:

I can second this!  The double bottom drip tray is a great table top on the patio for things that might roll off the table, but you need a crane or a real big tall strong person to lift it out of the big32's firepit.

Jeff, maybe you could use the ice to your benefit and skid the KK across the frozen ground?

No. There's a small, but steepish hill involved. We'll use the plywood sheet leapfrog method, but require terra firma beneath that. Ice or mud would be highly problematic on the hill. Plywood sheets on ice are known as "sleds".

• Like 2

8 hours ago, FotonDrv said:

Yeah, you would need flat for the ice slide method.  I wonder if Dennis ever moved one with an elephant?  :-)

Hope the move goes smoothly.

I've got four burley Army ROTC cadets lined up for first week of March. My job will be to point the way and cook them each a steak afterward. 

• Like 2

Fat man is on the road and should be here next week. Just in time for me to unpack it, move it in place...and then work has me on the road most weekdays through end of April.  A little excitement there, but @DennisLinkletter moved some mountains to make sure I get it before end of next week, otherwise would be waiting for two months. 

• Like 6

On 1/26/2017 at 1:26 PM, bosco said:

IMG_7636.JPG

post-1637-0-98352300-1426090120_thumb.jpg

post-1637-0-79465000-1426090176_thumb.jpg

IMG_7638.JPG

IMG_7637.JPG

IMG_7635.JPG

I too am trying to make a two KK colour decision and it was interesting to stumble across this thread.  The funniest thing is that, after all the debate, Halfsmoke aka @Pequod ended up with both in the only colour that The Husband and I both like - olive gold pebble.  I do want to ring the changes with two KKs in two different colours but I can't quite get to the right conclusion.  Of the KKs in the pictures above I like the last pairing best even though it won't work as well in my setting.  So...here goes.  Grateful for opinions.  Considering:

19TT autumn gold flake tile, 32BB dark autumn nebula (or even chocolate if available) tile

19TT bright bright blue pebble, 32 BB dark cobalt blue pebble

olive gold pebble on both (we had wanted a cream pebble on one but the cream is no longer available)

terra blue tile with lots more terra than blue and deep cobalt blue tile

I think that is it.  With such a small range you would think I/we could have made a decision by now but I care about this more than the colour of any car that I have bought.  Maybe I should just move in with the folks with the KKs in the last picture above.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Tucker said:

I've had several different color combos, one constant is the 19.5" in autumn gold pebble.

Loved so much I got rid of the others and got a 23" gold pebble.

I would choose the first pair, gold flake, autumn nebula

Good luck

Thanks.  Very  interesting, @Tucker. You had all the colours you wanted, I guess, and tile and pebble and you ended up with two in the same colour in pebble.  Two the same is an elegant look.  I was wanting the smaller KK to be in a brighter, jewel like colour.  Will reflect on whether that is still the right way to go.  

9 hours ago, MacKenzie said:

I think it really depends upon the background colours of where they will be located. :)

Agreed Mac.  In the garden there is a range of colours to tie in with so I think it will come down to the way we want the space to feel.  

7 hours ago, Wingman505 said:

@Christinelynn and I compromised on the color of our KKs.  I’d have 2 cobalt blue cookers in the back yard.  I really like the olive and gold pebble and I now question how the blue would look in our space.  I don’t know if there’s a wrong color choice!  😊

Compromise.  Now there is a word.  The Husband and I had/have a rule that has not been tested much lately.  If one of us disliked something, the other had to drop that option and we had to work at it until we found something that we both loved.  Just liking or giving in was not allowed.  So, if we are not to compromise on colour there is a bit more agonising to do.  Olive gold is out in front but Tucker's input has put a couple more options that we might both love on the table.  Thanks all!

• Like 1