Pequod

Help Me Pick A Color

This post is purely about aesthetics.

Starting to plan for a 32". Y'all have seen my 23" and the setting, but pictures below just in case. I've decided against a cabinet that bridges them (a la @bosco) because I really like the relatively unobstructed look of a KK in that setting. I'm also not going to try to match my olive & gold 23". Looking for ideas of colors for a 32 that complements the 23 in my setting.

Thoughts??

Here's the link to the 32's in the web store: http://komodokamado.com/collections/32-big-bad-komodo-grills

That patio space to the left is where the 32 will go.

IMG_1724.JPG

IMG_1776.JPG

• Like 1

First suggestion....................let your wife pick the color :-D

Uncle Barry.jpg

Second suggestion................matte black pebble (i'm color blind).

Third suggestion..............if tiles............go with the terra cotta tiles.  They give a little extra contrast to the color.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Stile88 said:

i do like that black pebble i am just curious why not get the same color it would be a toss up to me but i would be leaning to match them just my 2 cents

Partly I don't think I'd find a perfect match and the differences would annoy me. Partly I think the contrast would look good. Partly there are a lot of KK colors I like. Fun to branch out. 

• Like 1

Well I will say that the colour you have will be the easiest to match and my OCD argues for you to try at least. 

But with that said... 

you are not planning on joining them together so this may not bother me as long as they are on different spots on the deck.  If they are side by side, I think you really need to stay the same.  Dennis can send you better photos of inventory to help you decide (he did that for ckreef)

if you insist on opposing colors I think at the very least you need the side tables for both to help link them and you need to stay in the pebble persuasion

i think black pebble with your harvest pebble would be nice as well.  That is what ceramic chef has so look back at his photos and you can see that contrast.  

As for the next possible color.  I think the harvest pebble blends well into your earthy environment and something that feeds well off of that neutral pallet is the terra blue.  

I will find a picture from gofroz who has that combo and they really do look amazing together.  

If you don't care about cosmetically matchingdofferent colours up then I say go for colbolt blue as it it one of my most favourite ones.  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, bosco said:

Well I will say that the colour you have will be the easiest to match and my OCD argues for you to try at least. 

But with that said... 

you are not planning on joining them together so this may not bother me as long as they are on different spots on the deck.  If they are side by side, I think you really need to stay the same.  Dennis can send you better photos of inventory to help you decide (he did that for ckreef)

if you insist on opposing colors I think at the very least you need the side tables for both to help link them and you need to stay in the pebble persuasion

i think black pebble with your harvest pebble would be nice as well.  That is what ceramic chef has so look back at his photos and you can see that contrast.  

As for the next possible color.  I think the harvest pebble blends well into your earthy environment and something that feeds well off of that neutral pallet is the terra blue.  

I will find a picture from gofroz who has that combo and they really do look amazing together.  

If you don't care about cosmetically matchingdofferent colours up then I say go for colbolt blue as it it one of my most favourite ones.  

Dennis has already sent me pics of the full stock. Didn't even have to ask :)

I do like my olive & gold a lot, but not going to go there. Partly because...what if I add a 19" in the future? Then I need to match three grills. :shock: 

You've actually hit most of my thoughts on this:

• Same side tables.
  • Probably pebble, but flexible on this.
  • Black pebble is where I'm leaning.
  • Harvest gold is another thought I had. Same earthy feel as my olive & gold, but with enough contrast that it stands apart. 
  • Terra blue is my third thought. I like it, but leaning toward the others.
  • Cobolt blue is the one color that I don't think works there. I like the color, but not in my setting. 

So...I'm leaning toward black pebble. It would look like a black bear, which is pretty commonly spotted in the Virginia blue ridge. 

• Like 1

I really like the black with the combo,

but I must say a lighter colour tera blue with the brown is on a entirely different level of luxury and class.  Brown and blue just seems to be the new peanut butter and jam.  Look at business suits and shoes now.  Everyone is wearing the brown shoes with blue suits.  Years ago people would have said that you were crazy.

I really like this combo and since you are not looking to add a table I think this is the route I would go personally.

The black is still a good option though

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, bosco said:

I really like the black with the combo,

but I must say a lighter colour tera blue with the brown is on a entirely different level of luxury and class.  Brown and blue just seems to be the new peanut butter and jam.  Look at business suits and shoes now.  Everyone is wearing the brown shoes with blue suits.  Years ago people would have said that you were crazy.

I really like this combo and since you are not looking to add a table I think this is the route I would go personally.

The black is still a good option though

My 23 is olive & gold, not harvest gold, but yeah...would be a similar look for sure.

oh...and thanks for the pics. That helps. 

Edited by HalfSmoke