tomahawk66

Pulled pork neck

So... the wife's bosses are in town for a conference and since the last time I cooked for one of them went so well the others have all extended there trip over the weekend so they cam get some BBQ from me

I couldn't get a hold of a big bit of shoulder on short notice so I took a gamble with 3 cuts of pork neck (although they also say butt on the label). They looked good but I've never done them before so here's hoping we don't need to order take out lol!

924c879d5de752d4e315b492c839bd95.jpg

Dry brining for a couple of hours before applying the rub, usually like to do that over night.

fb0eef728d16393c4dc232c193dc93b6.jpg

I was by myself so not much of a chance to to take photos after rub and when just put on the KK.

Suffice to say R"32"-D2 takes it all in her stride!

0a9155fef11865cc41de4e91e70265ca.jpg

Siting pretty at 225 with a thin blue whisp of hickory smoke sneaking out of the 1/4 cracked top vent.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I feel bad... it was dark and in the rush to get everything out together I took no more photos!!

I had them at 225 for about 5 hours and then cranked to 315 for 30mins. Then wrapped in foil and kept at 315 until they hit 200 IT. Wrapped in towels and into the cooler while I cooked the rest of the food.

We had charred peppers, cajun rubbed corn on the cob with melted cheese on top and a tomato and cucumber salad with a lime dressing (limes from the garden )

Best pulled pork I've done so far. Love the size of the necks as it means I don't always have to cook a big piece and fresh is soooo much better than leftovers. Also love the bark to meat ratio!

• Like 2

Love pork collar for pulling! These look great. The one thing I do when cooking for a crowd is tie them together as a pair to make a bigger piece of meat - pork in the UK is that bit leaner than US pork, so I prefer a thicker piece to cook.

The best part is that my local Whole Foods orders these frequently, but they are not a very popular cut... so they are frequently on sale in the summer...

Love pork collar for pulling! These look great. The one thing I do when cooking for a crowd is tie them together as a pair to make a bigger piece of meat - pork in the UK is that bit leaner than US pork, so I prefer a thicker piece to cook.

The best part is that my local Whole Foods orders these frequently, but they are not a very popular cut... so they are frequently on sale in the summer...

This was Canadian pork and stayed super moist. It was nice to have them individually wrapped and keeping warm in the cooler as I could bring them out one by one and have fresh hot meat each time.

The first piece made over stuffed pulled pork buns for 8 and then I pulled another which also went straight away!

• Like 1