tinyfish

Boneless Beef Short Riba

My butcher had some boneless beef short ribs so I thought I would give them a try plus they were on sale too. 

20170312_122559.jpg

20170312_122609.jpg

Unfortunately their are no cooked pictures,  I got called into work before they were done. 

They were pretty good. Not as much marbling as the bone-in short ribs but still good. There would be delicious in chili.

• Like 1

tinyfish:   Those are the leanest short ribs I've ever seen!   Speaking of short ribs :D ... I had a small package of 2"x3"x3" bone in short ribs I forgot about but found in my freezer.   I have been wanting to try the 72-hours @ 135F in the sous vide ... and they were insane!   Serious Eats went through a comprehensive cook with various time & temp iterations ... this one providing a steak like texture yet melt in your mouth tenderness with BIG beefy flavor.   

Sorry for the hijack ... but if you have a sous vide and haven't tried short ribs prepared like this ... highly recommend!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dozer996 said:

I just bought some boneless short ribs from Costco for an upcoming taco cook.

Would you have been able to shred the beef like a chuck roast?

Any suggestions on how to cook/smoke the short ribs for tacos?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The meat will shred/pull nicely.  I would smoke/cook the short ribs like normal, maybe under cook them just a bit so they can finish cooking with the tacos.