DennisLinkletter

New- Locking Gas Door Rods, in stock

57 minutes ago, DennisLinkletter said:

Here they are.. This is only the two SS machined/threaded rods with the plate to bolt them with the tiny bolts already on the door. Does not include the SS heat shield. Which is also available.

https://komodokamado.com/products/23-32-locking-rear-gas-door-rods

Excellent dennis the only thing i dont like about this is they are not together for those if us that want want to upgrade will need rods and heat shield combined 

I get they are seperate but took me a bit to find on the site is what i mean

3 minutes ago, Stile88 said:

Excellent dennis the only thing i dont like about this is they are not together for those if us that want want to upgrade will need rods and heat shield combined 

Too many grills shipped with the rear heat shield. We have them both in stock.

https://komodokamado.com/collections/23-ultimate-spare-parts/products/draft-door-heat-and-ash-shield-for-23

31 minutes ago, bernux said:

Dennis, I'm Interested by this and the heat shield...Maybe some other accessories if possible.
I can't use the website because of Quebec Canada shipping destination

Please send your order here.. [email protected]  and my staff will take care of you.
You can also put stuff into the cart and then abandon it..

8 minutes ago, Stile88 said:

I get they are seperate but took me a bit to find on the site is what i mean

Ok I've added the link in the locking rods listing to help people go  directly to the shield.

• Like 1

On 3/18/2017 at 4:06 AM, Aussie Ora said:

Awesome I don't think the heat shield is nessesary been getting along without it but nice touch

Outback Kamado Bar and Grill

Might thoughts exactly. Not sure what's the problem we're trying to solve with the extra heat shield?? My 23" has never had one and I haven't see any problem with the knob. :smt017

Just placed my order for the new rear door - sans heat shield.

Edited by tony b

On 3/20/2017 at 3:55 AM, tony b said:

Might thoughts exactly. Not sure what's the problem we're trying to solve with the extra heat shield?? My 23" has never had one and I haven't see any problem with the knob. :smt017

Just placed my order for the new rear door - sans heat shield.

The upgrade is only the two machined rods that are actually bolted to the rear doors.. welding caused too much distortion and so they use some high tech electric fusing machine to attach a little plate with two small bolts. 

On 3/16/2017 at 3:43 PM, DennisLinkletter said:

Too many grills shipped with the rear heat shield. We have them both in stock.

https://komodokamado.com/collections/23-ultimate-spare-parts/products/draft-door-heat-and-ash-shield-for-23

So...I ordered and received the locking rods and the above linked heat shield. The rods are great! Unfortunately, the heat shield doesn't fit -- a bit too wide. Seems to be sized for the front vent heat shield, not the gas port door.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, HalfSmoke said:

So...I ordered and received the locking rods and the above linked heat shield. The rods are great! Unfortunately, the heat shield doesn't fit -- a bit too wide. Seems to be sized for the front vent heat shield, not the gas port door.

Oops.. I'll need to remove that and refund your purchase..

• Like 1

My new gas door rods arrived today. But, I can't install them right now because I've got the cold smoker running - smoking my bacon. If I get a chance after the bacon comes off in a couple more hours, I might give it a go, seeing as we're suppose to see rain for the next 2 days. Fingers crossed that I can get the old nuts off the existing door. They've not been touched since I've owned it. Will report back when I get it finished. 

9 minutes ago, tony b said:

My new gas door rods arrived today. But, I can't install them right now because I've got the cold smoker running - smoking my bacon. If I get a chance after the bacon comes off in a couple more hours, I might give it a go, seeing as we're suppose to see rain for the next 2 days. Fingers crossed that I can get the old nuts off the existing door. They've not been touched since I've owned it. Will report back when I get it finished. 

Socket wrench did the trick on mine, but not as old as yours.

Well, I started. I got one screw off each rod on the door. They came off quite easily, in fact. My sockets are too thick to go on top of the other ones - the nuts are right next to the rod. Will need an open-end box wrench (9/32"), but of course I don't have one that size in my toolbox. It wouldn't be a project without at least one trip to the hardware store! 

• Like 3