Winston

First Cook….Hebrew National Hot Dog!

So what to cook as the first cook….There’s a lot of pressure on what to do for the first cook as you’ll always remember you’re first?!? I pondered this question for weeks and pulled in a couple of my friends at work to see if they could remember their first. Oh the stories they told….

Anyway, the prerequisite was that the cook was also going to be part of the first burn-in or curing of the exterior. This eliminated all the slow cooks. The local weather indicated unseasonably warm weekend coming up so the decision had to be made soon.  We had a very nice local butcher shop that had some of the best beef filets I’ve ever had but they went out of business last year so that’s not an option. Do I get some high end online beef filets or other cut….no. The cook has to be something I’m familiar with as you don’t want to introduce another variable because there already is one variable (KK).

So in the end the process of elimination made the decision very easy and I was ecstatic.  I’ve grown up with this meat for the last 20 years, it’s always in my refrigerator meat section, I eat it several times a week as an appetizer or a full meal, and I’ve cooked several thousands of them.

Without further delay I present my first cook, The Hebrew National Hot Dog.

I set the temp to about 500 deg F and preheated for about 2 hours as this was also my burn-in.

Placed a single dog on the grill.

Turned dog halfway through cook, the grill marks are perfect.

Crisped up the hot dog bun for about 30 seconds on the grill.

Added Giardini era.

Severed up on an equally impressive paper plate.

Enjoyed!

It was….perfect...I will never forget my first!

Up next, review of Chicago Steak Company, American Wagyu Beef Filet Mignons.

*Spoiler alert* Overall experience not as good as the hot dog!

20170219_123250.thumb.jpg.545a9e4208e50701ef5e03a8a1667de4.jpg20170219_123616.thumb.jpg.421bc0dc58758d5fe78c9afa19d0c9aa.jpg20170219_123855.thumb.jpg.38f1aba52b4272178e9b48fe3ba754bd.jpg

20170219_124232.thumb.jpg.688daf3e1774b1f924236f17595d0725.jpg

• Like 5

Aussie, Surprisingly, not much preparation was needed....lol.

No cigarette needed afterwards either, as it was done before it started if you know what I mean...:smt031

I do eat hot dogs at least two times a week, so all joking aside it was a perfect dog delivered by my new KK.

• Like 1