EGGARY

Rib Roast on the Rotisserie

18 hours ago, Gnomatic said:

@Bruce Pearson very nice!  By the sounds of it you'll get your meater before I'll get my block. 

How the hell I missed this thread is beyond me. Glad to see someone got something for their money but ............ 

I got into this kickstarter at just 60k ordering a meter block. Now they are up around half a million or more. Towards the end they listed it on indigo. Now they say they will fulfill indigo orders before meter block orders. I know there is a "delay" with the meter block but if they process the indigo orders first that puts 10's of thousands of orders in front of me. Just pisses me off. 

Still happy for you @tony b and glad to hear it's working reasonably well.  

• Like 2

How the hell I missed this thread is beyond me. Glad to see someone got something for their money but ............ 
I got into this kickstarter at just 60k ordering a meter block. Now they are up around half a million or more. Towards the end they listed it on indigo. Now they say they will fulfill indigo orders before meter block orders. I know there is a "delay" with the meter block but if they process the indigo orders first that puts 10's of thousands of orders in front of me. Just pisses me off. 
Still happy for you [mention=975]tony b[/mention] and glad to hear it's working reasonably well.  

Bit rude should do original orders first .or refund money

Outback Kamado Bar and Grill

45 minutes ago, Aussie Ora said:

Bit rude should do original orders first .or refund money

I agree original orders first. They just sent an update tonight. Sounds like all single probe kickstarter orders will be fulfilled 1st. Then indigo single probe orders. Then meter block people will get the probes to be sent the block at a future time. 

The problem is i spent big bucks and ordered a 4 probe meter block combination. To fulfill my 4 probe part they have to put off 3 other customers. I image they want to make 4 customers happy before my one order even though I got in before they met their target goal. (indigo people were about $4 million past original goal) 

This is probably the first and last kickstarter I'll ever do. They are at least 2 years behind schedule and screwing the original backers. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ckreef said:

I agree original orders first. They just sent an update tonight. Sounds like all single probe kickstarter orders will be fulfilled 1st. Then indigo single probe orders. Then meter block people will get the probes to be sent the block at a future time. 

The problem is i spent big bucks and ordered a 4 probe meter block combination. To fulfill my 4 probe part they have to put off 3 other customers. I image they want to make 4 customers happy before my one order even though I got in before they met their target goal. (indigo people were about $4 million past original goal) 

This is probably the first and last kickstarter I'll ever do. They are at least 2 years behind schedule and screwing the original backers. 

I was an early order of the Meater Block as well.  I saw that update, and it sounds to me like Block are months away from shipping, at least.

"We've received all the new parts to complete MEATER Block units and have begun hardware validation and firmware integration. Our plan is to use these hardware samples for beta testers after completion of our hardware/firmware validation, with the intention for this hardware to be the final version."

Its there intention for this to be the final beta version before the Block goes into production.  Doesn't even sound like their (hopefully) final beta  units are assembled yet.  Then they will need to beta test, and if all goes well, start small batch production.   which will need to be tested and tuned before ramping up to full scale production.  50/50 chance IMO that us early backers see our blocks before 2018.

I'm not as miffed about it as you @ckreef, but I'm not thrilled either.  When I dropped that $170(I think?) on the Kickstarter, I did so w/o any expectations.  Their original shipping estimates were LOL unrealistic.   But us early backers  who put in an order for Blocks sure seem to have been placed on the back burner.  Likely for reasons you stated.

Edited by Gnomatic

I agree next year at the earliest. Yes $164 if I remember correctly. Just send me my probes (before indigo orders). Hit me up with the Meater Block in the future. 

They got the sniff of money from everyone else stuff them .if you are going to beg for free money to make a product that you believe in do it .I think the concept of these kickstarters was good at the beginning .but I see to many are taking suckers for a ride. in saying that I have this concept for an unbreakable plastic cup so when you drop it pissed you can just pick it up and refill it .please send me $80.00 dollars so I can see my dream achieved lol

• Like 1

@Aussie Ora - is it bright red??

@ckreef - lots of Block backers are not happy. But in their defense, they were right - until they could mass produce the probes, the Block was useless. However, I would think for "good will," they'd at least ship you one probe and it's single block (all it does is recharge the probe, unlike the 4 probe Block with the readout display and WiFi). But, they'd be eating the cost of the charger blocks. I do believe that the Kickstarter folks are 1st priority over the IndieGoGo people.

Need to do a whole rotisserie chicken with mine as the next test. Fortunately, they are on sale at my local supermarket this week. 

• Like 2