tquando

Rotisserie

I just jumped on the Forks bandwagon and my new flat basket just arrived today (also from OctoForks).

http://octoforks.com/product/stainless-steel-rotisserie-flat-basket/

So, I have the original KK rotisserie basket w/reducer, KK rotisserie rod (which came with a pair of tines), a pair of OctoForks and now a flat rotisserie basket. Nothing like flexibility. Plus, if you order all at once, you reduce your shipping charges. I didn't get to do that with the KK parts, as the rod came on the market later, after I already had the KK basket. 

Don't forget the motor! OneGrill's model 4pm05 is what most of us use. Note: Free Shipping!

http://www.onegrill.com/Stainless_Electric_Grill_Rotisserie_Spit_Rod_Motor_p/4pm05.htm

• Like 1

Been awhile since I posted. Hello Everyone. I've been around a long time. After 10 years my 4pm05 died recently....probably 25% age and the rest due to the fact that I upgraded from the OTB to the 32" Bad Boy so it's got a lot more weight to drive.  Anyway I ordered the 4pm08 but my spit drive connector rods that came with the 32" don't fit into the heavy duty motor. I know the collective brain trust will steer me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance!

IMG_3803.JPG

IMG_6619.JPG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tony b said:

Sounds like a Dennis call to me. However, he's on a "hippy retreat" getting his body and soul cleansed, so he's a little hard to contact right now. 

Thanks Tony...yeah I knew that. Funny label...:) I can certainly wait because as you know....my KK options are exponential! Just thought I'd see if anyone else has dealt with this.

I tried to repair the 12 yr old 4pm05, but after tripping the circuit breakers for the kitchen twice and a mild electrocution with the appropriate spontaneous verbal outburst....my bride gave me "the look" and I ordered the new motor.

I think you need a 5/16 stainless shaft. Maybe Dennis can supply you with one. Make sure it's long that square hole goes all the way to the other side of the motor box. I have that same motor and used a square shaft that came with my KK setup for some reason it doesn't go all the through the brass drive. Hope all works out for you.

• Like 1

I have the KK basket with reducer I also have a flat basket I have had for years they sell them locally here for 20 dollars the ones I see on here look exactly the same I was lucky that Dennis sent me the first prototype straight rod .I am in savings mode to get myself some octoforks

Outback Kamado Bar and Grill

• Like 1