kjs

New season of Project Smoke

I watched the first episode of the new season of Project Smoke last evening.  It featured a KK and Steven Raichlen cooked two 4-finger thick New York strip steaks, reversed seared. Then finished them off with an Adam Perry Lang "cutting board dressing technique"  It looked delicious, I intend to give this a try. Here is a link to the recipe: http://www.projectsmoke.org/episodes/seasonthree/

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Stile88 said:

congrats on your new 23 excellent color choice

when did you take delivery of this beauty??

First, thanks for that. I had been coveting the grill of my buddy in Florida (FireMonkey) for a long time, ever since first eating food cooked on it in perhaps 2010 or so.   

When this one came up during Project Smoke (and it was my model and color) I joked with Dennis on FaBo that it should be more expensive because Steven Raichlen had cooked on it...  One thing led to another and before I knew it he had my credit card info... LoL.  

It came here directly from the set of Season 3....  Late March of 2017 

Edit to add:  I simply had never posted anything here.  My wife had picked up a used Akorn for me for $100 at a garage sale in 2015 for me to use and see if I even LIKED Kamado style cooking.  The skills I picked up there (after moving from a Weber kettle) transferred pretty seamlessly to the KK...

Edited by h2oskibumz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1