erik6bd

Beef tenderloin and kabobs

Did beef tenderloin filets and kabobs used Oakridge BBQ competition beef, black ops and Santa Maria. 1 one each kabob and filet. Can't decide what I like best they are all great. d3c9fcb95a552dbf5eda03a6b25fc206.jpg69ff9db987b3511ddec774f2e1dcec00.jpga34e9b07840e6dc1e2eeebb8778b5c92.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Looks fantastic. Nice one...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Big fan here of Oakridge. Won't do a tri-tip any other way than their Santa Maria rub. Love the Black Ops and Carne Costa rubs, too. Like you said, everything that they put out is great! 

If you like Oakridge, give Lane's BBQ rubs a shot. They are right up there in my book. 

• Like 1

I always hear about these great rubs but have tried very few of them, So here I am being pro-active and ordered a bunch to try..

oakRidege.jpg.9f1902f16bfffa33b615ab806c6c6d29.jpg

I have them all and they are amazing Dennis that's pretty much all I use on beef steak and seafood

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No I coffee wood smoke low to 132-134, then I cool.. sometimes in the fridge, then baste in (now) mayo with heat, garlic and parsley and brown at about 575-600 on upper flipped over down low. I only leave it over heat long enough to get the oil on surface to boil then drag to shielded side baste and rest pull the other piece out into the heat then repeat until dark brown. The meat was fully cooked from the first smoking so the cooling/refrigeration keeps/slows the inside from over cooking..
Stays pink from edge to edge.
After brown take temp and if the middle needs it leave it on the shielded side until it reaches serving temps..
Cut across the grain..
Enjoy the kudos and oohs and ahhs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

No I coffee wood smoke low to 132-134, then I cool.. sometimes in the fridge, then baste in (now) mayo with heat, garlic and parsley and brown at about 575-600 on upper flipped over down low. I only leave it over heat long enough to get the oil on surface to boil then drag to shielded side baste and rest pull the other piece out into the heat then repeat until dark brown. The meat was fully cooked from the first smoking so the cooling/refrigeration keeps/slows the inside from over cooking..

Stays pink from edge to edge.

After brown take temp and if the middle needs it leave it on the shielded side until it reaches serving temps..

Cut across the grain..

Enjoy the kudos and oohs and ahhs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So the small upper grate turned over the charcoal basket down really low? Thanks Dennis I will definitely give that a try real soon

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk