jarraa

Cobalt Blue - Maintenance

Hi folks,

Been professedly reading up on all the good things in this forum. I finally ordered a pebble cobalt blue 23 inch with minimal accessories (cover, split basket, baking steel slab from amazon, coco charcoal). I am new to Charcoal and slow cooking and this will be my only cooking tool in the outside kitchen we are building.  I talked to Dennis and he said the cobalt blue looks stunning (I have to agree) but he did say it scratches easily. I am concerned about it as we are not the most careful of folks and we would like to leave it uncovered during the Colorado summer season. I am debating about switching out the color to a matte pebble finish given that concern. For the Cobalt Blue owners out there, how easily does it scratch and how much do you worry about it?

Thanks much!

-Assad

Go with what you like.  KKs last far too long and cost a pretty penny to not get what you truly like.  You don't think about scratches, dents, etc when you shop for a new car, which costs much more than a KK, so why are you doing it now?  Get the cobalt blue and enjoy!

@jarraa   First off welcome to the KK family and congrats on your purchase . I have a cobalt blue 23 the only time that you will find it will scratch is in cleaning /washing it you have  to use soft clothes or sponges(just remember soft and you will be good ) if you use something abrasive yes it will scratch its like any tile when it comes to that so that is what you have to watch for other then that it is a stunning color and i never worry on scratching it .. something to keep in mind if you did damage a few tiles or so due to scratches or damage you can easily replace them and as you know Dennis is there for you every step of the way he also sends you extra tiles when you get your kk i have yet to even use them if ever...

have a look at that link above that steve m posted

• Like 1

Welcome to the KK family. I have a cobalt blue 16" TT and have never given any thoughts to scratches. I treat it like I have all my other cookers and I don't see any damage or scratches. I agree with the others...buy what you like.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the responses and 2 cents. It got me back on track and I will be sticking with the cobalt blue! Can't wait. Will be asking more questions about what fuel/what first cooks to do in another thread. Thanks much for all the feedback!

• Like 4