erik6bd

Totally pi**** off time to vent

Ok so the wife had a brilliant idea to replace our $7000 GE Monogram side by side with the new Samsung French door with 2 drawers refrigerator with the new L.E.D. Lights and new metal cooling technology and so on.....

My issue is with the Monogram had custom cooling choices for the bottom drawer you could set it for meat, citrus, produce and so on PLUS it had turbo defrost just stick the frozen meat in and set for however many pounds and it would totally thaw it with no water or anything being left behind just a nice thawed meat.

The new refrigerator does not have that option it has a separate meat deli drawer with different temp setting fro 42 degrees to 29 degrees so how the heck am I Supposed to thaw my meats now????

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

This past spring my old GE side-by-side started acting up (it's 8 years old) - it wasn't the $7000 model by any means. Started shopping for a replacement and I went with a Samsung with the French Doors. It only has the one full width shelf in the fridge for Deli, etc. That's where I keep cheeses and meats (bacon, sausage, deli, etc.) I'm much happier with the new fridge than the old one. The side-by-side was too narrow in both compartments - couldn't fit big stuff in the freezer side, the ice maker took up 1/3 of the freezer area, and  I had trouble getting larger dishes in the fridge side, like for marinating larger cuts. My old GE did have the special bin in the bottom of the fridge side that you could set the temperate in to either flash freeze or defrost in it. I don't think I ever used the freeze part and only on occasion used the defrost function, as it would wake the dead (LOUD fan running noise). I don't seem to have any difficulty defrosting meat in the Samsung in the regular refrigerator area. YMMV

I understand the pissed off refrigerator situation. I got a brand new $6k refrigerator for $3k. Love the refrigerator but within 3 months I screwed up the ice maker. Totally my fault and I don't really want to talk about it. Arggghh. 

Edited by ckreef
  • Like 1

This past spring my old GE side-by-side started acting up (it's 8 years old) - it wasn't the $7000 model by any means. Started shopping for a replacement and I went with a Samsung with the French Doors. It only has the one full width shelf in the fridge for Deli, etc. That's where I keep cheeses and meats (bacon, sausage, deli, etc.) I'm much happier with the new fridge than the old one. The side-by-side was too narrow in both compartments - couldn't fit big stuff in the freezer side, the ice maker took up 1/3 of the freezer area, and  I had trouble getting larger dishes in the fridge side, like for marinating larger cuts. My old GE did have the special bin in the bottom of the fridge side that you could set the temperate in to either flash freeze or defrost in it. I don't think I ever used the freeze part and only on occasion used the defrost function, as it would wake the dead (LOUD fan running noise). I don't seem to have any difficulty defrosting meat in the Samsung in the regular refrigerator area. YMMV

It just defrosted so fast and now by just putting in the refrigerator it takes so looooooong☹️I'm an inpatient kinda guy

I understand the pissed off refrigerator situation. I got a brand new $6k refrigerator for $3k. Love the refrigerator but within 3 months I screwed up the ice maker. Totally my fault and I don't really want to talk about it. Arggghh. 

How did you manage that🤦‍♂️

16 minutes ago, erik6bd said:

How did you manage that 

I really don't want to talk about my stupidity. Since then I've been buying bagged ice. Eventually I'll get tired of buying bagged ice and fix it or buy another ice maker unit for it. Pissed me off so bad not even willing to deal with it yet. This wasn't that long ago. 

Edited by ckreef
  • Like 3

Ok so the wife had a brilliant idea to replace our $7000 GE Monogram side by side with the new Samsung French door with 2 drawers refrigerator with the new L.E.D. Lights and new metal cooling technology and so on.....

My issue is with the Monogram had custom cooling choices for the bottom drawer you could set it for meat, citrus, produce and so on PLUS it had turbo defrost just stick the frozen meat in and set for however many pounds and it would totally thaw it with no water or anything being left behind just a nice thawed meat.

The new refrigerator does not have that option it has a separate meat deli drawer with different temp setting fro 42 degrees to 29 degrees so how the heck am I Supposed to thaw my meats now????

Nothing worse to coming home to meat that's still half frozen .I gave up years ago freezing .I just hit my butcher on the way home

Outback Kamado Bar and Grill

Nothing worse to coming home to meat that's still half frozen .I gave up years ago freezing .I just hit my butcher on the way home

When you live in the middle of the desert literally you like to go stock up when it's on sale and not drive an hour each way to go get fresh meat

• Like 2

When you live in the middle of the desert literally you like to go stock up when it's on sale and not drive an hour each way to go get fresh meat

That might make a difference lol if you have to drive an hour I know all about distance .used to live a days drive away to the closest town

That might make a difference lol if you have to drive an hour I know all about distance .used to live a days drive away to the closest town

That's the only reason I bought that nice pelican cooler because it's 120 degrees out here and when we go out shopping we go to multiple stores and with the cooler we don't have to rush anymore

• Like 2

FWIW when I built my last house in 2000 I installed all Monogram appliances including their 48" built in SxS, 6-burner gas stove, dishwasher, oven & MW.   Worst appliance mistake I've ever made.   No love here for anything Monogram.    

Just my 2 cents and maybe all its worth.

FWIW when I built my last house in 2000 I installed all Monogram appliances including their 48" built in SxS, 6-burner gas stove, dishwasher, oven & MW.   Worst appliance mistake I've ever made.   No love here for anything Monogram.    

Just my 2 cents and maybe all its worth.

We have Dacor now and love it all except the Samsung fridge I like that too I just wish it had a defrost drawer other then that it's nice

• Like 1