Ran across this Kickstarter. Living in the middle of the country, I can rarely get oysters in the shell for grilling ala Drago's. I can get good oysters and have done the "muffin tin" method, which works OK. So, when I saw this idea, I jumped on it. It has a long way to go to get fully funded, but you gotta start somewhere! 

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1943390458/bienville-oyster-co-the-ceramic-oyster-shell-for-g?ref=category

I've been a bit leery of saving oyster shells and reusing them. I guess if I soaked them in PBW or something similar, they would be safe to use again? 

@5698k - I've ordered oysters and shells before (shucked oysters and the shells on the side), but the shipping costs were pretty high, as I recall. This just seemed a nice, clean solution to me. But, at the rate that they are going, it's not likely that it will get fully funded. Pity, as it's a great idea for us "land locked" seafood lovers.