CeramicChef

Gourmet Beer Bottle Burgers

Hi KKers!

Well, I finally got around to remembering to snap a few pics of a cook.

Now this is my take on the old beer can burger cook that has been done a million times.  HOWEVER, my twist is on the meat side, the filling side, and the beer side.

First the meat:  This was a 50/50 mix of 90/10 burger grind and a local spicy breakfast sausage.  It turned out a corking good vessel for the delivery of the stuffing.

Second the stuffing:  This was a mixture of sautéed diced sweet onions, green bell peppers, grape tomatoes, artichoke hearts, capers, and Chevrai (local fresh goat cheese).

I helped a friend do some peppered bacon about 3 weeks back and that's what I used to surround the burgers.

For the beer component, I soused the Chef with some world class beer ... Delirium Tremens and Delirium Nocturnum.  I can highly recommend both.  They helped form the cups in the burgers with the filling.

This was a really tasty cook and my company for the evening, a beautiful young lady, was really impressed with my culinary expertise.  I wasn't about to tell her otherwise and that this was a throw-together quickie!  :smt041

Here are a few pics.

The beer:

IMG_1979.thumb.jpg.db90630ba08435a9763017cc6dcef852.jpg

IMG_1980.thumb.jpg.f9e50869607152582115daaa1a01a9cb.jpg

And the star of the show:

IMG_1971.thumb.jpg.f5d8b940f7d8b29894f4d0bc9c6e108d.jpg

Sorry about the oblong picture, Dennis but I wanted to get in the KK at the bottom of the pic and I forgot about the new format.  Next time.  These were really good according to my company!  

Enjoy!

Edited by CeramicChef
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, tony b said:

Excellent choice of beers! We used to have a joint that kept DT on tap most of the time. They closed a few years ago. :-(

And, the burgers don't look too shabby either, CC!

@tony b - Tony, I absolutely love DT  and I really appreciate the Pink Elephants on the bottle.  Kinda goes with the theme, huh?

As for the burgers, thanks for the compliment. They were indeed a hit with the guests.

Wow, those burgers look excellent. I must have missed the beer can burgers the first million times because I learned something new today. Never heard of the beer either but if they have been in business since 1654, they have probably figured a few things out. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ckreef said:

Great looking burgers. They sound tasty. 

I was beginning to wonder if we were ever going to see a CC cook again. 

@ckreef - never fear!  CC is here!  Thanks for the kind words about something as prosaic as burgers.  It's appreciated greatly.

I've been quite busy as of late.  A web developer who I trusted stuck my butt in a bad situation, cost me a BUNCH of bucks, and delivered nothing.  He and my attorney will be having conversations.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve M said:

Wow, those burgers look excellent. I must have missed the beer can burgers the first million times because I learned something new today. Never heard of the beer either but if they have been in business since 1654, they have probably figured a few things out. 

@Steve M - Delirium has indeed been in business for quite a while.  Tremens was judged to the 3rd best in the world about 2-3 years ago.  Great beer.

I only wish my burgers were up to such august company as the Delirium beers.  They are first rate.  My burgers on the other hand were good by most standards, but by mine ... meh.  I've done better.  I needed more spice.  I'll keep everyone posted.  

Thanks for the compliment.  It's appreciated.

• Like 1

On 8/4/2017 at 6:23 PM, CeramicChef said:

@MacKenzie - didn't know that today was International Beer Day. Yes, there is a God.  Or as Ben Franklin (no relation to Aaron) once said, "Beer is proof God Loves mankind." or words to that effect.  Those burgers did indeed go quite well with beer.  Several beers in fact!

I used to use the BF quote as my tagline - "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!"

• Like 2

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.