JDBBQ

sold out item - what is typical restocking time?

9 minutes ago, JDBBQ said:

Hi, 

I am getting close to pulling the trigger - looking at 23 and trying to talk myself out of "needing" the 32.

The basket splitter is sold out as is most of the charcoal - what is the typical frequency of restocking items?

Thanks!

Best bet is to contact Dennis directly.

And I highly recommend the 32. I have both -  23 and 32. Both are awesome. The 32 has better capacity (obviously) and is a more natural 2-zone cooker. 

• Like 1

Thanks - so I have family of 5, maybe cook for 12 at holidays.  Absent "big" party is the 23 big enough? Also have a 24" stainless gas grill (was expensive and my wife remembers/reminds) that I will keep (for the time being maybe) so I can always grill veggie's, dogs, etc. on that 

I am also concerned about moving the 32 (and the 23) - will uncrate in my driveway and then have to roll around house on lawn with some slight grade - can this really be done on plywood using the casters?

Thanks!

15 minutes ago, JDBBQ said:

Thanks - so I have family of 5, maybe cook for 12 at holidays.  Absent "big" party is the 23 big enough? Also have a 24" stainless gas grill (was expensive and my wife remembers/reminds) that I will keep (for the time being maybe) so I can always grill veggie's, dogs, etc. on that 

I am also concerned about moving the 32 (and the 23) - will uncrate in my driveway and then have to roll around house on lawn with some slight grade - can this really be done on plywood using the casters?

Thanks!

The 23 is a great grill and can easily handle routine cooks for 5. The 32 simply gives you more capacity and flexibility with true 2-zone cooking. I'm biased, but I think it's the best grill on the planet. I have a similar situation as you where I had to uncrate in the front and roll with a slight grade down to the back. Plywood worked fine for both grills. Empty the grills as much as you can to lighten the load. Two of us could move the 23. I had four Army ROTC's help me move the 32 and cooked them a steak dinner as reward. Easy peasy.

Edited by Pequod
  • Like 1

JDBBQ, did you read that the splitter was sold out or did Dennis tell you that? If you have not talked to Dennis I would suggest you give him a call. He will be very helpful and he will not try to talk you into something that you don't want. He will give you an honest and accurate opinion. :) 

I have no real capacity issues on my 23. The biggest need for extra space is when cooking in two different temp ranges so I would recommend both :)

I have two other grills - a pellet grill and a huge Weber that hardly get used anymore. Even if I just wanted a burger I would fire up the kk.

We ship every 4-5 weeks so accessories show up regularly.  As far as the charcoal is concerned, I've had a container of both CoCo and Coffee ready to go since the third week in May.  First we got slammed because the ships were all full enough that they were not booking semi-hazardous cargo because of Ramadan.  Now the problem is that NYK merged with Mitsui and Mitsui does not book charcoal.. All the ships scheduled in July and Aug are Mitsui..

Argh and double argh.. I'm looking into sending the container to KL and then loading it on a ship that goes from there directly to the US.