MacKenzie

Special Breakfast

A friend sent me a gift package and in it was a bottle of Orondo Ruby Cherry jam among other goodies. After much thought I decided to start with the cherry jam on freshly made sour dough bread.

Just look at this goodness -

5993279a31fec_OrondoRubyCherryJam.thumb.jpg.6774c42bf469825b1979dc20ee0ad43c.jpg

5993279661650_CherryJamonToast.thumb.jpg.e6fd3894cee07b7825c725166d752338.jpg

Plated.

5993279d6629a_SpecialBreakfast.thumb.jpg.15ad1405104af39712c80ff462376be9.jpg

Good to the very last bite. 

599327dd5389a_HereGoes.thumb.jpg.1329d115a465e5d91de42139202e85dc.jpg

Not only does the jam look spectacular but it tastes fantastic. I love the colour, the clarity and the perfect bite sizes of fruit.

Needless to say I very much enjoyed breakfast from my corner chair in the ODK. Thanks, Friend. :-D :smt023:smt023:drinkers:

Edited by MacKenzie
  • Like 4

18 hours ago, MacKenzie said:

Not only does the jam look spectacular but it tastes fantastic. I love the colour, the clarity and the perfect bite sizes of fruit.

TY MacKenzie that is about the best compliment a jam maker can get. I have slowly been tweaking my technique to try and make the very best jam possible. I was really happy with the way the Orondo Ruby Reef Jam turned out and think I can get it even better next year. Only 11 more months until we find out - LOL 

10 hours ago, MacKenzie said:

Just in case you didn't guess already that jam was made by none other than our very own, ckreef.emoji7.pngemoji4.pngemoji7.png

I guess if they didn't figure that one out they just haven't been paying attention lately - LOL 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, MacKenzie said:

@ CK,  :smt046 :drinkers:

I'm still laughing about the family missing out.

No worries if I go and visit any family I'll take a jar and give them a taste. I only have 1 of 3 siblings that appreciate it for what it's worth anyway and that's the sibling I'll visit. 

Last time I sent her a jar of Grilled Peach Reef Jam she made some high end, homemade, crab Rangoons and used it as a dip. She loved it and I though it was a great use. 

Edited by ckreef
  • Like 1