tquando

Rotisserie Roast

Well I just got my BB32 cradle and spit rotisserie delivered and sorted. Ready for a first cook this weekend!

Thinking about beef roast and would welcome any advice (not seeing rotisserie beef on the forum?)

The current plan is:

- dry brine overnight and apply rub right before cooking

- start indirect at 225

- at internal 120 crank up for a sear

Still debating on using the spit (I also bought the Octoforks) or cradle. Leaning towards the cradle.

Thanks in advance

Tom

What cut is it? How big? Bone in?

I don't have a rotisserie but here's what works for me. I do rib roasts at ~200 or less till an IT of 120/125. Pull and tent so I can crank up the heat to 450 - 500 and then do a sear. Pink from edge to edge and juicy. No complaints and lots of return customers...I mean non-paying family members.

I keep contemplating rotisserie cooking a rib roast. I haven't done it yet- mostly out of fear I won't be able to get it off of the rotisserie spit when it's hot (I have had to abandon the shaft in my grill before). 

Normally, I cook mine to about 120-125 at 225, take it off and bring the grill up to big flames and sear the outside. Serve with a board sauce!

people go nuts for it