BIGSHEP

Hello from the 757 area of VA

So today I filled the KK basket up thinking I would cook a few steaks and get the burn in started. Wife had other ideas. Cook the steaks yes but she wanted to make mac and cheese. Her mac and cheese doesn’t come out the box. She does her thing with the cheese and she added bacon. So I had to wait for that.

• Like 2

What I learned today was that I got the grill stable at 350. It stayed there solid all night. I didn’t have my grates set up the correct way. I didn’t have my seer grate close to the coles. I prefer to seer first. I didn’t want change it I should have. Looking at the pic the fire was on the opposite side. I said screw it and decided to cook and experience food from a Kamado grill. 

654C5CB9-4587-4A73-BBD4-688B87640C90.jpeg

• Like 6

They do look good bigshep.
I get the feeling you can improve on them.
I found myself short of the coals to when I wanted to sear. Looking back at that now, I didn’t have a full basket and was too conservative with my air flow.
I’ve learnt a little more patience now and let the fire really take hold before searing.
Keep the photos and stories coming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Today I chose to toss a few drumsticks on and practice with the settings and I did pretty good with getting my temp to settle in the saweeeet spot. You talk about moist. Makes you appreciate cooking to internal temperature some kind of bad. I now know how owners feel and what they mean when they say the food of a KK is awesome.

E6C4EA40-C401-4F46-85FA-9F340EFA47F1.jpeg

ACE26C2D-68DF-4C32-828A-76EC40A89EDE.jpeg

• Like 7