Pizzaiolo

And so it begins...

Hello all!

Received shipment of my KK32 about a month ago and finally got my close friends to help me move it to the back patio. I live in Vancouver BC and have been following the forum for quite some time. I have (I hope) learned a lot from you guys and I am really looking forward to cooking on the KK.

I am of Italian descent, specifically Napoli, as is my wife, and I am quite familiar with wood burning pizza ovens and everything pizza to the point where I decided to open a pizzeria napoletana in my suburb of Vancouver. You can check it out, the restaurant is called Spacca Napoli Pizzeria and it is a labour of love!

Having said that, since having the restaurant, I make all of my wood fired pizza at the restaurant and I was finding that I wasn't really cooking anything exciting at home. Ceramic cookers have always interested me and so I decided to take the plunge. There is not much of a bbq tradition in western Canada and bbq basically does not exist in southern Italy. I mean, growing up we'd have pasta for Thanksgiving dinner and Nutella sandwiches for lunch. Pulled pork, smoked ribs, briskets are things that I love to eat but have zero experience with. Having said that, my plan is to learn how to make these glorious meat products and add North American cuisine to my repertoire ;)

Thank you Dennis for all of the info you've given me, and thank YOU, the forum members, for all of the info you'll give me in the future.

In the meantime here are a few photos of the delivery (I know that you guys like that!)

Messaging1507058223274.thumb.jpg.696fad0337a67c41ee7563e45316253d.jpg

_20171105_173344.JPG

Messaging1507058223274.jpg

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, tony b said:

Buon Giorno Drago Nero!

Welcome to the Obsession. You'll be set up and cooking up a storm in no time. Hoping to learn some pizza tricks from you down the road! 

Drago Nero, mi piace!

Yes, would love to help out anytime. Obviously, haven't worked with pizza on the kk yet, but I will get there.

Welcome @Pizzaiolo!

Nice matching car and KK!

I, too, am from Napoli - but I am not Italian. My dad was in the US Navy stationed in Naples and my mom moved there to be with him. Unfortunately, I didn't really get to experience it. We moved back to the US about 6 months after I was born.

Can't wait to see what you can create on the KK!

Edited by cschaaf
  • Like 1

Welcome to the wonderful experience of owning a KK!

Get ready to enjoy creating exceptional meals on a cooker that has to be seen and used to fully appreciate! We live in Victoria BC and I look forward to following your cooking experiences and hope to visit your restaurant on one of our visits to Vancouver.  

Elaine

3 hours ago, Elaine said:

Welcome to the wonderful experience of owning a KK!

Get ready to enjoy creating exceptional meals on a cooker that has to be seen and used to fully appreciate! We live in Victoria BC and I look forward to following your cooking experiences and hope to visit your restaurant on one of our visits to Vancouver.  

Elaine

Great @Elaine, let me know when you are in town, a pizza on me!