Eddie mac

Stones that’s comes with the 32BB

I got the same stones and didn't really know what they were either. Called Dennis, he told me that they were old school heat deflectors and to not really bother using them. Either wrap a drip pan with aluminum foil or foil the grates for deflection. Looking forward to expert answers.

Yes, just heat deflectors. The only time I’ve used mine is as a surrogate basket splitter. When I have a full basket of coals, but want only half of the basket producing high direct heat, removing half of the coals and inserting the basket splitter can be a hassle. So instead I’ll sometimes light one half and then put deflectors over the other half in case the fire moves that direction. Poor man’s (or lazy man’s) basket splitter.

I haven't used mine in years. Tonight's cook was a simple aluminum foil wrap on the lower grate, as I wasn't expecting much drip (country style ribs.) If you are cooking a large hunk of meat - butt, brisket, etc. that has a lot of fat, then use the drip pan. 

The pizza stone is a completely different formulation of ceramic than the deflector stones, which are basically the same material as the walls of your KK. They are NOT interchangeable. 

I assume that you meant using the basket splitter when doing rotisserie cooks? I've done that and oriented the splitter parallel to the rotisserie shaft, so as the food rotates, it's going into and out of the heat zone, makes for a bit slower cook, but more even, as the food spends less time in the hot zone. I had the fire in the back half of the KK, but it really doesn't matter that much, I wouldn't think.

For the life of me, I can't find any pictures of a cook using the splitter; only ones that I can find of rotisserie cooks are with the full basket, some have an infrared drip pan on one half, which is sorta the same thing, but not going to help you, seeing as you won't have the drip pan. I have a couple with the smoker pot in place, which kinda serves as a deflector on that part of the basket. This one shows both - smoker pot in the back and the infrared drip pan in the front. 

20170702_181112.thumb.jpg.6bcb781f3bc848b21409d10bc93b431f.jpg