Sous Vide Brisket

Ok, this will be interesting. I read where you can sous vide brisket. Just by coincidence, my father, who is raising and selling farm to table beef, sent me a brisket approximately 5lbs, beautifully vacuum sealed. I know conventional wisdom says to season first, but the article said it’s ok to refrigerate the brisket out of the bath for a number of days, so I’m gonna go for 155° for about 30 hrs, pull and season,hold for a day or so, then put on a 275° kk to finish. Pics to come.

http://www.seriouseats.com/2016/08/food-lab-complete-guide-sous-vide-barbecue-smoked-bbq-brisket.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I watched a video on you tube titled "sous vide everything", and in one of their segments of which they have many they did a brisket. I follow their understanding of imparting a smoke flavor first is because it's when the meat is most apt to absorb the flavor. Trying to do that later would be difficult if not impossible. The first few hours are when the meat takes the smoke, that's all. My sous vide brisket was good and tender along the point but fell shy on the flat.  So that's why I'm interested in yours, to see the results from a variation in one step. I'm new to sous vide but already have done some log cooks as beef ribs and then braised them on the KK with good results. The brisket is one piece of meat that is difficult, at least to say in a sous vide. If you hit it out of the park your the winner.  Good luck.  Check out the video anyhow it's entertaining. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Bruce Pearson said:

Tyrus I checked out that video  sous vide everything the one on the brisket it was funny. But after watching that video I think I’m going to try and sous vide the brisket the way they did it LOL on a smaller scale though.

Oh ya, they did a brisket of enormous proportion. Very convincing and they made it look sooo tasty, if I only had half the luck. Oh well, still looking for the holy grail.  The perfect cook that is.  Good luck also 

52 minutes ago, 5698k said:

I’m hoping that letting my brisket cool in the fridge might re set the smoke absorption ability. We’ll see.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

New to me but, if it works let us know.  And on the other side, my condolences.... I was hoping a Drew Brees vs Tom Brady match up in the Super Bowl would be the game. Unbelievable. Stefon Diggs, David Tyree...who would have known