Sous Vide Brisket

I think that you're on the right track, Robert. I believe the main thing you were missing was seasoning up front. But, be careful, you need to have a delicate touch with sous vide as some flavors like garlic can become bitter/off in such a long cook if you use too much. 

Just curious, what did you do with all that yummy juice in the bag? Please tell me that it went into something like an au jus!

I've been waiting for the final shots.  They look great.  Interesting that you say that flavour was altered by this method of cooking.  I will watch with interest as others experiment with this method.  In the meantime, I will take baby steps and focus on learning spicing and smoking techniques.   

16 hours ago, 5698k said:

I’m thinking maybe both. I love getting a really big brisket and cooking on the grill for the duration..the flavor is unbelievable. This was a smaller one, and they can be difficult to get right, and the sous vide is awfully close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do see it growing on you.  I recently bought a brisket point, since you blazed the trail I think I will destine that piece for the same, except for the spice where you thought there was some doubt.