Tyrus

Baked Stuffed Schrimp

I been to restaurants and ordered BSS and more times than not have been a little disappointed. Either the shrimp is dry, or the stuffing is dry, just ain't right. This is how I make it in a pie pan, a little olive oil, arrange the raw thawed schrimp, add your spice and then cover with your stuffing with addition of a little butter to the top. Put into the KK at 350-450, whatever you got and it don't take long. You see the sizzle after 8-12 minutes and then torch the top for your crust. The scallops were done down low on the lower grate while the coals were red, spiced with King Kooker Fish Rub, which has a nice delicate pleasing taste {better than Old Bay}. Again it don't take long 5 minutes on one side and 5 on the other. I did use the Baharat Spice on only three large scallops, wish I had fingered it on more, very aromatic soft but mid eastern flavor. It has potential. Did some Jack Daniel's beans the night before with a bottle of Sam Adams Winter Lager, andDSCF2099.thumb.JPG.8eac932de6dcf8b2faf08d6750125505.JPG with all the additions to make them tasty.

DSCF2101.JPG

DSCF2102.JPG

DSCF2108.JPG

DSCF2110.JPG

DSCF2112.JPG

DSCF2098.JPG

DSCF2113.JPG

• Like 8

43 minutes ago, Shuley said:

Looks pretty dang good.  I am not sure I have ever had stuffed shrimp.

It's generally your go to seafood piece for surf and turf in New England. The post I did was with raw bagged shrimp {frozen} with the shells removed by hand. You can make a stuffing with the beginnings of Ritz Crackers, garlic, onion, butter, and spice but for this demo and time I know of  the store that does a good passable copy of the home mix. Look into it Shurley it definitely will please.  Not frozen when cooked

Had someone over and I was giving them a quart of these beans to take home. Figured I'd heat a little for everyone to try. There not just for breakfeast anymore. As far as pairing one to another, broke through that barrier and left it long ago. Remember...I heard this somewhere before, life is short, break the rules, and never regret anything that made you smile. Nice doggies

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bruce Pearson said:

I don’t eat a lot of sea food, but that looks rather delicious bet it tasted delicious also. Nice cook

I may be wrong, but I think I remember you saying you worked by water for a long time. Thought you may have partaken in seafood a bit more. Your picture and beard gives the look of a seafarer, a ships Captain. I guessed wrong, instead of holding a lobster in each hand your holding steaks, nothing wrong with that.

• Like 1

Lol! I did work by the water, I worked on the water front for a company called Matson terminals (31years) we shipped containers to Hawaii and back. And did  stevedoring for other shipping company’s Polynesia lines, NYK shipping, 00CL shipping. I wasn’t a longshoreman though. We did all the maintenance for the equipment it took to load and unload the ships. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Bruce Pearson said:

Lol! I did work by the water, I worked on the water front for a company called Matson terminals (31years) we shipped containers to Hawaii and back. And did  stevedoring for other shipping company’s Polynesia lines, NYK shipping, 00CL shipping. I wasn’t a longshoreman though. We did all the maintenance for the equipment it took to load and unload the ships. 

I..I..Captain

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Tyrus said:

Had someone over and I was giving them a quart of these beans to take home. Figured I'd heat a little for everyone to try. There not just for breakfeast anymore. As far as pairing one to another, broke through that barrier and left it long ago. Remember...I heard this somewhere before, life is short, break the rules, and never regret anything that made you smile. Nice doggies

You're a good man Charlie Brown