It's really awesome how Perth has embrassed the charcoal low n slow style of BBQ .the kj's are doing the rounds and the egg is coming to town but predominantly it's the webber and the stick burner and the odd pellet smoker .KK has had a good run lately .seen this new player in the market not tried it but love the packaging .1b7b41c491e7d44b683639e5d3c39195.jpg

Outback kamado Bar and Grill

• Like 3

It's really awesome how Perth has embrassed the charcoal low n slow style of BBQ .the kj's are doing the rounds and the egg is coming to town but predominantly it's the webber and the stick burner and the odd pellet smoker .KK has had a good run lately .seen this new player in the market not tried it but love the packaging .1b7b41c491e7d44b683639e5d3c39195.jpg

Wow I hadn’t seen that brand before.

It’s amazing how the charcoal / low n slow bbq cooking has exploded in Perth, even in the last few years.

When my team first competed in 2015, the organisers struggled to scrape 12 teams together to organise a comp. These days, if you aren’t registered and paid up within 24 hours of a comp being advertised then you’ve missed out!

I reckon that there are close to 50 teams in WA these days, such a great amount of growth in such a short time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Where do you get this aussie

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Wow I hadn’t seen that brand before.

It’s amazing how the charcoal / low n slow bbq cooking has exploded in Perth, even in the last few years.

When my team first competed in 2015, the organisers struggled to scrape 12 teams together to organise a comp. These days, if you aren’t registered and paid up within 24 hours of a comp being advertised then you’ve missed out!

I reckon that there are close to 50 teams in WA these days, such a great amount of growth in such a short time.

Yeah for sure it's gone spastic. New player I think I will stick to heatbeads lump though

There’s a lot to be said for the heatbeads lump, great size, great price and readily available

In saying that I've tried mangrove to gidgee. And yeah heatbeads all the way but I might try some jarrah. .but stick with what I know

• Like 1

In saying that I've tried mangrove to gidgee. And yeah heatbeads all the way but I might try some jarrah. .but stick with what I know

Some of the cheap mangrove I’ve used absolutely stinks when it’s getting going, it was OK for high heat cooking but that stink carried into the meat when used for low n slow, no matter how long I let it settle for it had that swamp smell to the smoke.

• Like 1

Some of the cheap mangrove I’ve used absolutely stinks when it’s getting going, it was OK for high heat cooking but that stink carried into the meat when used for low n slow, no matter how long I let it settle for it had that swamp smell to the smoke.

Plus it sparked like crazy that's why I ditched it you need a welders mask with that stuff lol

9 minutes ago, Aussie Ora said:

Look below still reckon heatbeads is the go

Yeah - thanks for the heatbeads tip. That's all I use nowdays. I was using gidgee but found the lumps small. That said, bonfire said that you can ask Ralph to get bigger lumps. 

Heatbeads from Bunnings is convenient. Not so much on my wallet as I seem to walk out with all sorts of stuff when I go to Bunnings....

• Like 2

Yeah - thanks for the heatbeads tip. That's all I use nowdays. I was using gidgee but found the lumps small. That said, bonfire said that you can ask Ralph to get bigger lumps. 
Heatbeads from Bunnings is convenient. Not so much on my wallet as I seem to walk out with all sorts of stuff when I go to Bunnings....

Haha the good old “ I’ll just pop into Bunnings for a $1.50 pack of fire lighters........ final bill $160”

I just reckon heatbeads do the job at a don't price .bunnings can get you lol

Wow, had no idea that heat beads were an option. For some reason I thought it wasn’t considered legit for Kamado cooking. Don’t know where I got that from. How does it compare flavour wise to food ? What’s the main advantage ?

Hey Steve, we’re taking about the heatbeads lump charcoal, not the briquettes, if you head into your local Bunnings, look out for it in this bag:

e50f9e6811b2292ff6e87a7a6d8b32e0.jpg

Comes in 20kg bags and is great stuff

9 minutes ago, Stevesoncoals said:

Wow, had no idea that heat beads were an option. For some reason I thought it wasn’t considered legit for Kamado cooking. Don’t know where I got that from. How does it compare flavour wise to food ? What’s the main advantage ?

Bonfire told me that you are near me Steve. Innaloo Bunnings stocks Heatbeads Lump Charcoal.... I found them great. I did also try the Hestons B lump charcoal - also from Bunnings. That was okay too but I Heatbeads are a bit cheaper

For the non Perth people, Innaloo is a suburb in Perth. So is Cockburn..... jokes galore about these 2 suburbs

• Haha 1

Bonfire told me that you are near me Steve. Innaloo Bunnings stocks Heatbeads Lump Charcoal.... I found them great. I did also try the Hestons B lump charcoal - also from Bunnings. That was okay too but I Heatbeads are a bit cheaper
For the non Perth people, Innaloo is a suburb in Perth. So is Cockburn..... jokes galore about these 2 suburbs

I’m up near you guys too, I’m in Ocean Reef.