12 minutes ago, alimac23 said:

heatbeads lump charcoal, not the briquettes,

Ohhhh ! Got it. Phew. 

I’m in Wembley, not as hilarious. I’ve been getting my mallee charcoal from a bbq place in Ossie Park. Fella there reckons the Mallee stuff is the best, low dust, local, sustainable etc however also mentioned the guy who cooks it is moving property and there may be a break in availability if his stores run down before he kicks off again - might have to go into Nuclear Bunker buying. Or try the suggestions here. 

Just now, Stevesoncoals said:

Ohhhh ! Got it. Phew. 

I’m in Wembley, not as hilarious. I’ve been getting my mallee charcoal from a bbq place in Ossie Park. Fella there reckons the Mallee stuff is the best, low dust, local, sustainable etc however also mentioned the guy who cooks it is moving property and there may be a break in availability if his stores run down before he kicks off again - might have to go into Nuclear Bunker buying. Or try the suggestions here. 

Oh, I was getting Mallee from Outdoor Chef in ossie park too. Again, the Heatbeads are much bigger lump.

I am in City Beach - down the road from you. 

Just now, alimac23 said:

Thanks Tangles, olive gold pebble.

The waiting begins.............

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goes quick... pretty sure mine was shipped in less than a week after the pebbles were confirmed. The shipping was quick.... Dennis has his crew operating like a well oiled machine

2 minutes ago, Stevesoncoals said:

That’s the one. Interesting on the larger lump, that’s meant to get better air flow which might have something to do with the slightly unstable cook I had the other week. Will give it a crack

Yeah, I was using heatbeads on the bottom of the basket and topping up with Mallee. I found that to give higher temps quickly. Nowddays, I just use Heatbeads. I do pizza cooks and it's fine with Heatbeads. Full basket and let it soak. I get high temps doing it like that

Lucky I put my cover on this morning.. pouring with rain right now. 

3 minutes ago, alimac23 said:

If you guys NOR want to try something different then Doug, one of my BBQ team owns BBQs if the world, he regularly has lots of different charcoals in stock, he’s in Landsdale.

Oh right. I have been meaning to visit that store. I haven't been to that one yet. 

Good to know. Can I ask which BBQ team you in Alimac? I couldn't make the the last comp. Will have to look out for the next one. 

Oh right. I have been meaning to visit that store. I haven't been to that one yet. 
Good to know. Can I ask which BBQ team you in Alimac? I couldn't make the the last comp. Will have to look out for the next one. 

He runs the store out of his home, he’s got a really nice selection of fuels / rubs / smoking wood and all sorts of other goodies.

My team is called Boreshank Redemption, we won grand champion in the 2015 smokin in the city Comp and have had some good results since in other comps. The other guys are competing this weekend in chidlow.

We’re pretty spread out in terms of geography, our furthest north members are in Yanchep and our furthest south member lives in Rockingham and the rest of us are in between.

1 minute ago, alimac23 said:

He runs the store out of his home, he’s got a really nice selection of fuels / rubs / smoking wood and all sorts of other goodies.

My team is called Boreshank Redemption, we won grand champion in the 2015 smokin in the city Comp and have had some good results since in other comps. The other guys are competing this weekend in chidlow.

We’re pretty spread out in terms of geography, our furthest north members are in Yanchep and our furthest south member lives in Rockingham and the rest of us are in between.

That's great stuff. Yeah, I need to go to one of these comps. My weekends are usually running around with kids sports but have been wanting to get out to one of the local comps.

Cool - re:shop. Will jump online and purchase a couple of things. Need to support the locals...

That's great stuff. Yeah, I need to go to one of these comps. My weekends are usually running around with kids sports but have been wanting to get out to one of the local comps.
Cool - re:shop. Will jump online and purchase a couple of things. Need to support the locals...

Good man, Doug is more than willing for you to go across and pick the stuff up, he’s converted his garage into BBQ HQ.

The local comps are great, such a lot of fun and all the teams are more than willing to talk about BBQ all day long / night, and maybe have 1 or 2 drinks for good measure ;)

• Like 1