ckreef

Nothing but WFO money!

A sour dough, supreme, pan pizza. Custom formulated sour dough. Homemade sauce. Sweet Italian sausage, ham, pepperoni, green peppers and onions. 

sdp1.thumb.jpg.4876b2ff1936d3fb388043b37fc18d95.jpg

sdp2.thumb.jpg.dc20aac9f99dac114c75e7350485a93c.jpg

sdp3.thumb.jpg.11c7e64d748d3c860ce3cbfda2ce50f0.jpg

Came out pretty decent for a custom formulated dough mixed in a bread machine. Cooking in a WFO is all about temperature management and timing of putting the food in compared to the temperature. Pizza is a bit trickier compared to a caserole since you are also timing the rise compared to the temperature. I missed my optimum window and the WFO was about 50* cooler than I wanted it to be. None the less I just had to cook it an extra 10 minutes. Both me and Mrs skreef were pleased with the results. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Pequod said:

Nice! What do you mean by “custom formulated sourdough”? Aren’t all dough formulas custom formulated by someone? Or do you mean something I haven’t grokked?

Some recipes you read and follow from a book/internet. This one I started with a King Arthur Detroit Pizza recipe and changed it around a bit.

• Like 2

Another pan pizza. Bread Machine, 5 day refrigerator rise, sour dough. 1/2 meat lovers (mild Italian sausage, diced ham, diced pancetta and pepperoni). The star of the show was the 1/2 Greek (sliced tomatoes, fresh basil, fresh garlic, feta cheese and a little fresh squeezed lemon juice). Fresh squeezed lemon juice on a pizza sounds a little weird but it was just a hint of lemon that went really well with the tomatoes and feta. Mrs skreef doesn't like it when I go Greek but she really liked this version and thought it was my best Greek to date. 

Not the best looking pizza but it tasted spot on. 

meatgreak1.thumb.jpg.0acf25104bbc1e4f968f93aae72c5d2d.jpg

meatgreek2.thumb.jpg.cae142c97808ca1f6a1140a862f3be44.jpg

• Like 7

21 minutes ago, Tyrus said:

Nice pan, oops, I meant pizza

No, you had it right. That's a Lloyd Pans Detroit Style Pan. Lloyd Pizza Pans are the best IMHO. Going to buy me a Lloyd PSTK Chicago Deep Dish and Grandma pan. I might also buy me a few PSTK cutter pans. Was going to order them this weekend but I didn't get around to it. 

The pizza wasn't bad either.