ckreef

Nothing but WFO money!

Speaking of pans, I must be easily distracted or very impressionable because, I was at a store the other day called Ikea. While walking through the kitchen department I spotted a large SS pan with handles and cooking rack included. I picked it up and was immeadiately hit with the subliminal message { cKreef/pan }. I rolled it around my hands for a few seconds and before you know I was in the checkout line still holding the amazing artifact. Got admit, it was a bargain for $9.99 and the cutting board for $20.00 was good too.  What else was in that post?

DSCF2243.JPG

DSCF2244.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Creamy Dill Chicken. 

I decided to run the wood fired oven differently today. Normally I run the fire on the left side and cook on the right side. Today I ran the fire in the back and cooked in the front towards the door. For cooks like this it gives you a bit more temperature control. If you need more heat push the pan farther inside towards the fire. Less heat pull it out towards the front. 

I started with a loaf of bread. Not my best but not bad just the same. 

cdc1.thumb.jpg.913cea67ac4161c31bc667e7ec13b7c4.jpg

I pan seared 2 semi flattened chicken breasts in a carbon steel pan. You can just barely see the foiled carrots in there to the left. 

cdc2.thumb.jpg.287385fe12bc9619459f1d4ac466d1ed.jpg

After I pulled the chicken I cooked down some onions and tomatoes. There is the new carrots now uncovered. 

cdc3.thumb.jpg.46a59ce3ba19ba3e1a568645d684147a.jpg

Once the onions and tomatoes were ready I added the creamy Dill sauce and let it cook down a bit (at around 450* it didn't take long). 

cdc4.thumb.jpg.1da8505a0550d147f0d789754d82659f.jpg

A really crappy money shot (very disappointed with this picture), but it tasted awesome. 

cdc5.thumb.jpg.212d6070a19d7f41ceb5e0e211d869ff.jpg

• Like 6

2 hours ago, mattc said:

@ckreef Great results! what WFO oven is this?

It was handmade in Portugal by a company called Impex Fire. I bought it from Authentic Pizza Ovens from Scottsdale, AZ. This is the installation thread. About 1/2 way through the thread is where it gets lifted up onto the stand. 

installM.thumb.jpg.63d5fb9670b05c7b4b0833c29fa546c3.jpg.669fc2aa9d53b4cd79a5ff4faa4214fc.jpg

Edited by ckreef
  • Like 3

This is actually the second paella I've done. Last weekend I cooked one that came out okay but was more a learning experience on how to do this in a WFO. This weeks version, although not perfect by any means, it's getting better. 

Chicken and asparagus paella. 

secondpaella.thumb.jpg.d550997a70cbc517c6ef1416f18eb266.jpg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, tony b said:

It's all about the socarrat!

In the WFO 5 minutes before the end I pull a bunch of coals forward on the deck and put the pan directly on the coals for 5 minutes. Works great but next time I'm going to rotate 2 or 3 times in those 5 minutes. 

Last week I did the socarrat for 10 minutes and burnt it. This week I did 5 minutes. Most of the socarrat came out perfect with only a couple burnt areas. The rotating during socarrat phase should solve the burnt area problem.

It was handmade in Portugal by a company called Impex Fire. I bought it from Authentic Pizza Ovens from Scottsdale, AZ. This is the installation thread. About 1/2 way through the thread is where it gets lifted up onto the stand. 

installM.thumb.jpg.63d5fb9670b05c7b4b0833c29fa546c3.jpg.669fc2aa9d53b4cd79a5ff4faa4214fc.jpg

Awesome pic mate

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, MacKenzie said:

Those casseroles look very tasty :smt060 but just is a Bronx Bomber?

Basically a cross between baked Spaghetti and pizza. These were Angel hair pasta, pizza sauce, Italian sausage, pepperoni, sweet peppers, Mozzarella, Asiago, and Fontana cheese. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tyrus said:

Twins, double the pleasure.  That would look good on any table, great color

TY @Tyrus  I love the individual Caserole dishes. 

One more for the day. Me and Mrs skreef cooked this for the mechanics at work. 

Pulled pork Mac & Cheese 

Layer of pulled pork lightly sauced. A layer of Mrs skreef's awesome Mac & Cheese. A crumble topping.

All these cooks would work just as easily in a KK - just not quite as fun as playing with live fire. 

ppmcwfo.thumb.jpg.aef695beb03a8fd1909369a932874480.jpg

• Like 4