Aussie Ora

Cleaning the Grates

After reading a thread on this I decided to take my Grates all three .to work where we have and industrial cleaner. 48b22af0b779a14a6c771a7ec44b6fb6.jpg put the racks in. 0d4aa6e441bc9f5826cf895b7af82de5.jpg. After 7 hours it's eating away nicely. 7f2ad67af788177d0833778c002e7ad1.jpg.gave them a slight wipe . 7064806c861c806f2b95ac07125ee51a.jpg. I'm leaving them overnight and until tomorrow arvo near the end of work then I will hit them with our super doopa power washer . Stay tuned lol

Outback kamado Bar and Grill

• Like 6

9 hours ago, ckreef said:

I have a shallow plastic pan of sorts that'll hold my 19" main grate flat. I just need to buy some brewers wash (?) 

Powdered brewery wash (PBW), great stuff! Local or online homebrew shops or Amazon are places to find it.

An alternative that works well is unscented oxyclean, make a strong solution in very hot water, let your grate soak overnight and rinse well. It will work well, but PBW works better! 

Good luck!

• Thanks 1

If you can't find PBW near you or the shipping is a bit expensive, here's the homebrewer's recipe for making your own.

https://www.howtohomebrewbeers.com/2017/09/recipe-for-making-substitute-pbw-beer.html

I've seen versions with a little bit of standard surfactant mixed in - usually a non-scented dishwashing detergent, like 7th generation.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/forum/threads/homemade-pbw-recipe.467655/