mohctp

Ordered a BB32 Cobalt Blue Pebble

8 hours ago, mohctp said:

They don't stain or scratch too easily?  Sounds like I should get them and the matching cover.. I really appreciate everone's help and feedback here.  Obviously it is a big purchase.

I haven’t had any issues with staining or scratching on my teak tables, but I’m pretty obsessive about wiping them clean after a cook. 

2 hours ago, Pequod said:

I haven’t had any issues with staining or scratching on my teak tables, but I’m pretty obsessive about wiping them clean after a cook. 

That sounds good to me then.  I don't mind wiping them after a cook.  I just wanted to make sure it wasn't something that as soon as something got on the wood it stained.

Another question on the different sizes.  Do you notice a large amount of charcoal burn / heat up time between the different sizes.  i.e. Will the 32" be a huge waste to do one slab of ribs that a smaller second one could handle just fine, or is it so minimal that "right sizing" the KK to the amount of food isn't necessary?

Once you dial in your temp especially if your inbetween 200-300F, you'll be pleasantly surprised at how much charcoal is used, I done a small pork shoulder yesterday 7hr burn at around 250-260F and I swear I used less than what the BJoe would've.

Terra Blue 32  newbie

Edited by BonFire

9 hours ago, mohctp said:

Another question on the different sizes.  Do you notice a large amount of charcoal burn / heat up time between the different sizes.  i.e. Will the 32" be a huge waste to do one slab of ribs that a smaller second one could handle just fine, or is it so minimal that "right sizing" the KK to the amount of food isn't necessary?

Depends on the style of cook. For cooks that need to heat soak to a stable temp, like low and slow or baking bread or pizza, the 32 will take longer and eat more fuel than the 23 just because there is that much more mass to heat soak. For quick, direct heat grilling, my 32 is actually quicker to get a raging fire than my 23.

And I should mention that both grills barely use any fuel for low and slow, though the 32 will use a tad more. However, for heat soaked cooking at 450, the 32 definitely uses a lot more fuel than the 23. 

Edited by Pequod