churchi

Site Upgraded + Skin Upgrade | 2018-07-26 | IPB: 4.3.5

Hi All,

The site has been upgraded to the latest version of forum software along with the forum skin.

Just minor security updates were included in this release.

This also fixed up the issues due to the SSL cert that was applied last weekend on the site by the hosting company.

As always, please post back if you notice any issues.

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I tried editing an old post and couldn't:

Must have accessories

I get indications every now and then, including today, that people still refer to this list. I'd like to update it a bit, for example to remark that the KK pizza stone is now my favorite. I know that forum software is often tuned to "freeze" older posts, but that interferes with how some older posts get used.

3 hours ago, Syzygies said:

I tried editing an old post and couldn't:

Must have accessories

I get indications every now and then, including today, that people still refer to this list. I'd like to update it a bit, for example to remark that the KK pizza stone is now my favorite. I know that forum software is often tuned to "freeze" older posts, but that interferes with how some older posts get used.

I can get into that.. if Churchi can't make it happen.. please send me the page and I'll copy paste it in for you..
thanks Dave!

• Like 1

@Syzygies thanks for the suggestion. The editing limit was set to 24 hours then not allow more editing, i have now made it unlimited. Lets see how that goes. This will allow you to go back and edit your posts where required.

I have enabled the unlimited time editing for just the Owners group for the moment. If we need to expand to all the regular members group let me know.

Cheers 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, churchi said:

@Syzygies thanks for the suggestion. The editing limit was set to 24 hours then not allow more editing, i have now made it unlimited. Lets see how that goes. This will allow you to go back and edit your posts where required.

I have enabled the unlimited time editing for just the Owners group for the moment. If we need to expand to all the regular members group let me know.

Cheers 

I think owners group only is appropriate. Most forums don't allow unlimited editing. With this group of members (as owners) it seems appropriate. 

I'm a moderator on two different kamado forums (I'm sure you can guess which ones). As a moderator I enjoy unlimited editing.

I am admin on multiple forums the owners user group is like a low level mod group without the mods power lol so unlimited editing seems appropriate however in my forums i reserve that to my staff if somthing needs editing one of my staff usually does it ..each forum is different 

Thanks churchi