ckreef

Cats broke my Thermoworks Smoke.

Yea this really pisses me off. I don't even like the cats. If I had my way we'd get rid of all the cats except Sandstorm (the only cat I know for sure didn't have anything to do with this). The Smoke was on a metal stand thing about 4' off the ground. They knocked it off that and broke the screen on the main unit. 

smoke2.thumb.jpg.0e18d2abcc41e7c247d191acba52edd6.jpg

Well it still works but no easy way to set the alarms (I guess that's okay as I rarely set an alarm). You also have to be careful how you turn it off to make sure the main unit is really off. 

smoke1.thumb.jpg.89160d661ba0aef7a82a51a318b605e7.jpg

Eventually I'll replace it because I use this for my dome thermometer on my 2 KK's. Just not sure if I want a direct replacement or want something different. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, tony b said:

To quote Tweety Bird, "Bad Ole Puddy Tat!" 

If you're looking for a replacement, consider the new Maverick XR-70s. They are very nice. And, you get 4 channels of probes!

Yes that's on the list for consideration. Only problem I can see with that is not a lot of probe options. My other choice would be another Thema Q - Blue. All the probe options I could ever want and you can get probe extensions. Plus one app would graph that unit and my WFO unit at the same time. But it does come with a $300 price tag. 

No hurry to make a decision as the smoke still works for the basic function of monitoring my KK's which is 95% of what I want it for. 

• Like 1