alimac23

Pizza cook heat soak time?

Thanks everyone, I took the opportunity to light the kamado really early and have a play with the vents. Learning a lot about what upper / lower combinations produce what temps.

Currently sitting on 180c, I’ve been going up in small increments, planning on taking it up to 280c for at least an hour before I cook the pizzas.

• Like 1

And here are the results, very happy for my first pizza cook in the KK, the dough let me down a bit as it was a single day dough and I’ve never been overly impressed with any of those that I’ve made.

In saying that the pizza was delicious but it didn’t have the rise on the outer crust but the rest was good.

3257a3cec31171daf903032eef640f14.jpg
42ea7f380d47ac27440d3d9d0ddd2bc1.jpg
8d0ba04caad4c2311a8c193c43465954.jpg
1f6e88f57ed09956db7927aaca2b1ef2.jpg
b660f5a39693b069e8f5a9401ae94d69.jpg
5070eb6e239c716bf00b487b8757b932.jpg

• Like 3

That looks great, and it is only your first try,wow. :smt060 It looks to me like you perhaps used a baking steel and a non Dennis ceramic stone that might explain why the top crust didn't get cooked as much as you might have wished. The bottom looks lovely. Dennis's stone is especially formulated so that the top cooks before the bottom gets too dark.

That looks great, and it is only your first try,wow. :smt060 It looks to me like you perhaps used a baking steel and a non Dennis ceramic stone that might explain why the top crust didn't get cooked as much as you might have wished. The bottom looks lovely. Dennis's stone is especially formulated so that the top cooks before the bottom gets too dark.

Thanks MacKenzie, the only regret I have about ordering my KK is not ordering it with 2 of Dennis’s baking stones!

Looking good.

I light it up and leave for 1.5-2 hours before I put pizzas in. I put the baking stone in once the kk gets to temp (30-40mins). Then Put the baking stone and heat soak. I close the top vent down a little bit once I put the stone in. The KK stone looks thicker than the one you have there so perhaps you don’t need as much time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks mate, the taste was great, the dough was well underproofed but I definitely can’t complain about it for a first attempt!

Gonna need to work out a way to get two BB32 baking stones delivered to Perth!
I love my baking stone .but you can smash out a pizza on the grates it all depends on what style of pizza you are after .pizza is quick and simple for me some like to wait 6 days before they eat .lol

Outback kamado Bar and Grill