Aussie Ora

$500 a kilo A 5 waygu

You may remember a post I made about a local bloke Ian who loves BBQ and has some interest in a truffle farm rock up to my house with some truffle butter and salt . He's just got his certificate can't wait to see what he does with it . https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10155000449729072&id=329710559071&_rdr1679bd4f08ae40909d24961bb14fb3b0.jpg

Outback kamado Bar and Grill

4 minutes ago, Steve M said:

Our Costco's have A-5 wagyu sold in a ~12lb loin for about $100 per lb. You would need some friends to help finish that off. That you like. A lot. 

Wow, that's actually quite a deal... That's about $6.25 per ounce. Compared to restaurant price of a range of around $28.00-$35.00 per ounce. One could cut that into 16 twelve oz. steaks at a cost of $75.00 each and a couple could share one for a meal.  Add a few shrimp or scallops and you're in heaven. :drinkers:

• Like 2

Wow, that's actually quite a deal... That's about $6.25 per ounce. Compared to restaurant price of a range of around $28.00-$35.00 per ounce. One could cut that into 16 twelve oz. steaks at a cost of $75.00 each and a couple could share one for a meal.  Add a few shrimp or scallops and you're in heaven. :drinkers:
Great way of looking at it

Outback kamado Bar and Grill

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, amusedtodeath said:

I agree, not a bad deal at all. Wish I could buy a pound instead.

Costco Wagyu

They have a few different choices. the link above is for the ribeye.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Bruce Pearson said:

Heaven and a heart attack. I have been tempted to buy a steak from snake river farms they aren’t as  expensive but are pretty high and look yummy

My favorite cut at SRF is the tritip. For the others, stick to the thick cuts and you won't be disappointed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1