Aussie Ora

Big moe cason

American low n slow is taking off down here and people are getting on the band wagon of brining down the likes of Harry sue and this bloke . My question is are they worth it considering all the knowledge that's out there on the various forums . What can these people teach you .9a49aefc9cc715429e38b88ee030b4e4.jpg

Outback kamado Bar and Grill

I took a class from Johnny Trigg a few years ago. It was informative and interesting, but I mostly learned I don’t like competition bbq. These guys cook mostly on stick burners, but I’ve seen Harry Soo cook on a bullet smoker.

They’re entertaining enough, but by no means are they the only way to do things.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree that the celebrity status of these guys quite often overshadows the knowledge they have to give, don’t get me wrong, they absolutely know what they are doing, but competition BBQ is a long way from what the average person wants to put out.

I know for sure that our competition entries is a long long way from what I cook for my family and friends, and for good reason.

In a comp you get one bite to make an impression, this means you have to pack as much flavour into the bite as you can, if you ate the whole piece of meat then you would find it would be overly sweet / overpowering.

I would wholeheartedly recommend members of a bbq team to take the courses offered by these guys, but people looking to increase their knowledge for cooking at home, absolutely not.

• Like 3

I'm sure after it's all done you'll walk away with something you didn't know and it's probably a good day. For me cooking is a game too enjoy, it's a challenge and like a race your always a winner.  Maybe you think of him as an artist and enjoy his work.