hammo1981

Hello from Queensland Australia

On 5/20/2019 at 8:44 AM, Tyrus said:

Help me here, what is it about charcoal that Governments throw the red flag on about not allowing import. Are they afraid of drugs being smuggled in. Ok it's burnt, so bacteria and pathogens are at minimum. Dennis quoted Ramadan or maybe that was  a pause in shipping. I understand fruit and live stock or untreated products but, charcoal is one thing I felt that was out of the sphere. Is it an agreement between countries within trade laws?  

It can be shipped to AU but only by the container full..
It's classified as semi-Hazardous so it can't be sent LCL (less than a container load) 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, DennisLinkletter said:

It can be shipped to AU but only by the container full..
It's classified as semi-Hazardous so it can't be sent LCL (less than a container load) 

Thanks, that clears it up somewhat. I would imagine a container holds a vast amount of charcoal.

14 hours ago, DennisLinkletter said:

So I picked up my new grill just after 1.30pm from the warehouse. Was a decent sized depot so I didn't have to back up the trailer...phew. strapped it down then headed back towards Gympie where I'll be staying for the night.

Weather forecast for tomorrow is showers, so I packed in a Tarpaulin to cover my precious cargo.

Early rise tomorrow so I can get home. It's been a long day.2cf0bfefb2f1e8b9a0c40995475341a0.jpg4ae4e7331fc686136fbfa661d9b7bb14.jpg86b7ac90d06653d6eabc4d1f332ffef4.jpge9dbd601f47896b3a6edf01ff361a0ce.jpg0cc16de2cd1abf5e0b7e5aba398c0fb2.jpg

• Like 7

I like it.  Going and fetching your KK is a great way to avoid all the hassle of waiting on a delivery company to get it to you when they say they will.  I bet you'll be up at dawn to drive that baby home.  Good luck!  Looking forward to the pictures.  

• Like 1

I like it.  Going and fetching your KK is a great way to avoid all the hassle of waiting on a delivery company to get it to you when they say they will.  I bet you'll be up at dawn to drive that baby home.  Good luck!  Looking forward to the pictures.  
4.30am here, I'd like to Get moving now, but with the tarp on and such I'll wait until light so i can see the trailer and load in my mirrors.

6 minutes ago, hammo1981 said:

4.30am here, I'd like to Get moving now, but with the tarp on and such I'll wait until light so i can see the trailer and load in my mirrors.

Tee hee. I didn't think you would be getting much sleep with a KK to get home.  Drive safe.  

• Like 1

Practice, practice for backing up them trailers, everythings the opposite of nature. Nice adventure ride, the open road and with a big present to open later plus it's  sitting on a fine galvanized trailer/throne, oh happy day.
I'm not too bad with the trailer, I can't do it like my father/brother in law who have to back back trailers precisely on the back of 52 seat busses. The father in law was supposed to be on the trip with me, but they are too busy with charter work for the defense force at the moment. Would have been good to have the help strapping down the load etc but I managed. If anyone is considering picking up their KK like I did, do contact me for advice. I would have done a few things better.
  • Like 2