Wahoo

New Serious BB on the high Seas

1 hour ago, MacKenzie said:

Wahoo, great landing and in case you are wondering we women are interested in the whole process too. :smt060

Oh yes, we are...

It is the UK, so I have to talk about the weather.  It is absolutely chucking it down where I am.  I hope you are having better weather for your burn in/first cook!  

• Haha 1

Don't get stuck in that gravel, you'll need that crane again. It looks like it was made for that setting

2nd Update ! Unpacking

Yes the Hyab had limited reach and couldn’t get it onto the flags so left me short by 4m or so , couldn’t obviously let the casters land in the gravel so I enlisted the help of a friendly neighbour who is one of those engineering thinking type of guys

51503b5e9aecf23d87d6986ba178f5ed.jpg

So we set to work building a step by step same level walkway all the way to the patio area eliminating the need to push it up hill . Thanks Frank .

Removing the block footings that hold each foot of the 42” in place was the next job to release it from the Pallet.
Honestly and thanks to Dennis and Rini at the factory you can’t believe how safely and securely this thing has been packed .

Now the excitement was starting to build and I have resisted the temptation to rip off the cling film of this great beast and see her undressed in her true glory . I knew it wouldn’t be long now .

Her final destination is the bottom end of patio down a small gradient where I have a nice secluded leafy private area but enough was enough I had to see this thing now .

So I just undressed her there and then stood back and just smiled at her in awe , my expectations were great and did not disappoint. After opening her up and removing the obscene amount of some of the heaviest grating I have seen I realised time was ticking on .

87f6c16b3c618203b01c4293b3001b05.jpg

The nights fading now here in UK but I was determined to get this thing lit and get some heat through it before the cook turns up tomorrow .

25db0f420721db8ee007adaa4b000283.jpg

d2901c6d9e51f44973b5c08b6cc5d772.jpg

She’s a true beauty . Still not decided on my first cook but you all will get a final update for sure soon .

Wahoo .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 6

The new kk is gorgeous!

9c36dde8334b83c3595533e95bd3a775.jpg

She’s a beauty alright ! As much as I’ve enjoyed reading all these posts from our friends across the pond doing these awesome Briskets , tonight belongs to a simple couple of 3” T Bones with a coating of Black Pepper & Garlic.

Gonna flame these bad boys and go get myself a nice Rioja .

d1f0633eaae04ec8047a7d8dda6f2114.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 4