BigO

Hello from Indianapolis, in search of a KK

Hi, I’m Oscar from Indianapolis, I’ve been a BGE guy for nearly a decade and am ready to step up to KK.  It’s a significant investment, so I’m looking to see if there’s anything used out there. I’m willing to travel for the right set up. Anything out there? Really like the community here!

Yes, thanks @tony b I’ve been in touch with Dozer who’s been very generous with his replies.  He already sold, his buyer got a great kit! I’m a sucker for the pebble tiles. Not to mention the table and everything he included! It’s exactly what I’m on the hunt for.

This search is reinvigorating my cooking.  Smoking a pork butt on my MiniMax today and cooking up some mojo chicken and carne asada for a birthday party later today. Also started some pork belly on cure for some bacon in 10 days ;)

BB95AAEA-2F92-4ED9-AF82-B4EC2DBFF140.jpeg

E1FD83BD-A361-41A4-8B75-8C5426068CF0.jpeg

• Like 3

Ha! Yes I can see some others have started this quest just like I am now! Im one of those that does TONS of research, and I’m utterly convinced there is nothing better, period.  Going to start squirreling $$ away now :)

• Like 5

@Aussie Ora I’ve got a small army of friends and neighbors that bought BGE after seeing all the things I could do with one grill: bake, sear, smoke, dry etc.. They are a bit rocked by my “KK is the best grill on the planet” proclamation, but it doesn’t take much to see that’s undeniable.  I will own one, it’s just a matter of when :) I already have friends that are intrigued.  It’s all part of the process.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, BigO said:

@Aussie Ora I’ve got a small army of friends and neighbors that bought BGE after seeing all the things I could do with one grill: bake, sear, smoke, dry etc.. They are a bit rocked by my “KK is the best grill on the planet” proclamation, but it doesn’t take much to see that’s undeniable.  I will own one, it’s just a matter of when :) I already have friends that are intrigued.  It’s all part of the process.

You my friend have been bitten by the KK bug now the only cure is to buy one . I had BGE just as long as you and your friends and BGE was fantastic... just like you and the rest of the kk community I did the research and the conclusion is always the the same the KK is in a league of its own and by far the best grill on the planet. I had thought that the BGE had good  results when I cooked on it for many years  but when I got the kk home it simply is night and day you really have to experience it for yourself....all these pics don't do any of the KK's justice once you are able to see and touch and cook on them . It is just an unbelievable cooking experience.

good luck on your path to owning a KK I can see it will probably be sooner then later lol

• Like 3

[mention=2714]Aussie Ora[/mention] I’ve got a small army of friends and neighbors that bought BGE after seeing all the things I could do with one grill: bake, sear, smoke, dry etc.. They are a bit rocked by my “KK is the best grill on the planet” proclamation, but it doesn’t take much to see that’s undeniable.  I will own one, it’s just a matter of when  I already have friends that are intrigued.  It’s all part of the process.
I had a kj classic comand and conquer set up loved that thing was stoked when the joetisserie came out just upped it's game .I then got a Jr which I still have its great for quick cooks .I too thought the the KK was hype until I got one they are everything and more and will last a life time .I hope you get the opportunity to buy one

Outback kamado Bar and Grill

• Like 2

Dennis and this community here have done a great job of explaining the differences and value of the KK. It’s not for everyone, and that’s fine. Lots of people think I’m crazy for the $$ I’ve spent in my BGEs (I have 2), but for me it’s money well spent. We all have to feed our passions, no pun intended.  

I do think having a healthy secondary market of used KK grills and misc kit is important too. It gives owners easier liquidity to either upgrade (I know the new 32” is on many’s watch list) or deal with life changes as necessary. Selfishly it also allows for easier entry for newbies like me (I’m still saving my pennies).

Is there a reason there isn’t a buy /sell area on the forum?

Edited by BigO

14 minutes ago, BigO said:

I have been on the forum for about 2 + years and only a handful of owners have sold their KK's.  Dennis has helped a few used sellers/buyers hook up but I'm guessing not many people part with their KK's.    

24 minutes ago, BigO said:

Again its very rare that you will find a used kk since i have been on this forum there has been less then a handful of people selling due to there situation.getting a discount is also a rare.

• Like 1

@jonj I guess my perspective is different :) 

With 4 college aged daughters, I'd have to liquidate to upgrade. But I know what you mean about more than one, I've seen several BGE owners with three or more! My wife thinks I'm crazy for having 2 :)