karlkamado

Hello from Hillsboro Oregun

Hey group,

As mentioned I'm here in Oregon and the proud owner of a recently purchased Kamado Joe Classic.

Really just getting my feet wet with it, as it's vastly different from my prior basic gas grills and Traeger pellet smoker.

So far have had varying success with a smoked chicken, grilled t-bone steak and (my favorite so far) bourbon honey glazed smoked salmon.

Hope to gain some tips and tricks from the experienced members here and hope not to make a fool of myself in trying to contribute myself.

thanks for this space,

Karl

17 hours ago, 5698k said:

As I stated in the other thread, congrats on your grill, but are you aware that this is the Komodo Kamado forum?

well, I certainly do now! sorry for the mistake, I wasn't even aware of the Komodo Kamado line of grills until now (I thought it was a clever play on words), I was primarily looking for a forum to gather information on using this style of cooker, and when I did a global forum search, Kamado Joe turned up, so I took a leap of logic that it was probably related.

Well karl, I have to agree with Toney on all points especially the welcome. Your Kamado has similarities to the KK but it falls far shy of approaching the quality that goes into it. It's as if your comparing a Chevy to a Caddy. Hey I drive a chevy!  Any how I have a Primo, Grill Dome,Weber and an offset Lang as well as a 23 KK. Always looking to improve my game and if your up to the challenge there are people here that are quite gifted and willing to share. Hey, you may even come around and add one of these to your collection, you"'ll be glad you did. Welcome

2 hours ago, tony b said:

You're certainly welcome to hang out here and post pics of your cooks. But, if you're looking for advice on how to use your KJ, then the Kamado Guru Forum might be more of what you were searching for. 

Yeah, I've I'm on K-Guru too, but they're moving exclusively to Facebook come next January and I really prefer forums in this classic format so I'm in search for another option.

thanks.

On 8/21/2018 at 7:54 AM, 5698k said:

It’s not now, John changed his mind.

I got some snark for that smug clown..

Not much to change if the speed of his speech is indicative  his IQ.

Kamado Guru forum what a joke, it's the Kamado Joe Forum.  
Hard to be impartial when you are on KJ payroll
Never joined because I'd be calling out those keyboard warriors all day long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I own 4 different brands of kamado's including a KJ.  Each has a different purpose and I enjoy cooking on all of them. 

That being said.......I did not enjoy being a member of the KJ Forum and the administration of it.  Left them over a year ago and never looked back.

I do know some of our KK forum members enjoy the site and the cooking challenges.   Like ToastedMorsel....it was not for me. 

• Like 1