CT Cooking!

Hello from CT! New 42" and new community member

Thanks to Dennis and to all of you for your active postings that greatly helped me to move forward with what will  be a great cooker for my family for generations!

More to come as I get acclimated and when I get experience with the unit!

I'll surely support the forum and try suggestions from you all and share my adventures!

Dennis we had a thought that I'm not sure we finished on the stoker topic.... so anyone that feels like sharing their stoker experiences please reply or contact me :)

Cheers

Rob

• Like 3

Congrats on the 42! I can only imagine what a beast it must be.

When you say stoker, I’m guessing you mean controller? Many will tell you you don’t need one, you don’t. That said, I love my cyberq, it gives incredible peace of mind, it allows you to be lazy on overnight cooks, and it scratches my gadget itch. Yes, I do recommend cyberq over the others. I haven’t used a flameboss, but I did try a fireboard, which requires an $80 adapter cable to use a fan. It didn’t maintain temps well at all, and I’ve been using my cyberq for years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I've been a Stoker user for years, I let go of the purist view (not using electronics) and chose a good nights sleep instead.

I chose the Stoker WiFi because i have multiple cookers and one Stoker unit can handle multiple cooks, beyond that, I think they are all basically the same in function. Benefits of a controller is the "set it and forget it" benefit of knowing exactly what's going on with the cooker AND the protein without peeking "if you're looking, you're not cooking" is REAL. Another benefit I like which the Stoker and I think the others do, is give you the ability to monitor a cook while away from home. I've used this while cooking Ribs or a turkey and monitored my cook while running errands. It's just handy.  Do it.

• Like 2

Pictures, pictures, and more pictures! PLEASE!! We don't often get to see a 42" around here. 

@BigO - while a popular saying in BBQ world, it's really not that true, especially on a Kamado because of the heat retention. Once heat soaked, a KK rebounds from opening the lid within a couple of minutes and because of the heat already in the meat, the protein doesn't even see the momentary opening of the lid. So, as long as you keep the opening times fairly short (a couple of minutes - all you need for most tasks), it has practically no impact on the overall cooking time. 

3aae967e4f20dfc992df2825a52d51d3.png

You can get a stoker if you’d like but once you get used to the temp control system the KK holds temps better than an oven.
This is an overnight brisket cook I’m not done with yet but you can see once I got a stable temp at about 10pm the temp stayed within 4 degrees all night! I didn’t get up once to adjust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So sorry for the lack of progress! 

Bermuda Triangle of life events I’ve not been able to get my KK 42” to its destination

work events both good and bad have ramped up

some challenges exist to get it there logistically. 

We sold a house and bought a house so that effort also took up time. 

I’m still not clear of my path forward to get my kk into service - I’m just being transparent  

i can’t wait and my family can’t wait  but it’s just been crazy with all the moving pieces