Josh H

New member and fun fact

Hi i just got my Komodo Komado 23. Cooked on it 3 times so far and couldn’t be happier.  I had dinner tonight with my neighbor, Max, who is in his late 80s and a retired NASA scientist.  I told him about the Komodo, specifically the grout used for the tile.  

Recently we were at a function at a NASA museum in town and I asked him what he worked on and he replied everything in the room. Max is a thermodynamics scientist, “everything that goes up in space must get really hot and really cold.” He knewexactly what i was talking about when i mentioned the grout and helped develop it through his calculations.  It was developed to hold the mirrors on telescope that went into space so they would not move one millimeter or they would be useless.  He worked for NASA shortly after Von Braun arrived and was one of the German scientist that was brought over after the war through a program to gather mathematicians and scientist.  Pretty cool stuff

Happy grilling and cook a steak for Max. He can only eat fish and chicken due to his health.  (Still will have a stein with me though!) 

Cheers

Josh 

Huntsville,Al 

Edited by Josh H
  • Like 5