ckreef

Blueberry Pie Stuffed Peaches

Yesterday at work an idea started to form. Took a quick mental inventory of what I had at home:

Large ripe peach - check 

Frozen blueberries I picked this spring - check

Blueberry pie recipe - check

Crumble topping recipe - check

With all the components at home an idea was born. Let's see what I can do with this. 

I started by cutting a peach in half and scooping out some of the flesh (chef's snack). Filled it with homemade Blueberry pie filling and topped with a crumble topping. 

idea1.thumb.jpg.d3659657e59bdec2f738d07b84dbd183.jpg

idea2.thumb.jpg.998d442bf169217ea33ac480815bb6c2.jpg

Baked it indirect at 400* for about 40 minutes. 

idea3.thumb.jpg.0805739655061384aaeaf33482459aaa.jpg

Let cool for about 10 minutes then served. I always thought my cheesecake stuffed peaches was the best. This was way better, took stuffed peaches to a whole other level. 

idea4.thumb.jpg.84b6dfe478c0a5b1aa23c92194fe28f2.jpg

Really simple procedure. Hardest part was scaling it down for one peach. Maybe this weekend I'll post a full recipe with my two stuffed peaches recipes combined into one post. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Jon B. said:

Simple also.....even I could make this..........canned blueberry filling of course :-D 

No, No, No on the canned Blueberry filling. That is cheating :)

Blueberries, sugar, flour and a splash of lemon juice for the Blueberry filling. Almost more effort to open a can.......... Just sayin. 

I'll get a recipe posted this coming weekend. Just want to tweak the proportions first. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ckreef said:

No, No, No on the canned Blueberry filling. That is cheating :)

Blueberries, sugar, flour and a splash of lemon juice for the Blueberry filling. Almost more effort to open a can.......... Just sayin. 

I'll get a recipe posted this coming weekend. Just want to tweak the proportions first. 

:salute: Yes Sir!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2