MacKenzie

Spiced Roasted Cauliflower

Normally I wouldn't be interested in this but the spices got my attention and I decided to give it a go.

Spices are mixed in with the garlic, onion and cauliflower. Ready to roast on the 375F KK.

1199348530_CauliflowerandSpicesMixed.thumb.jpg.2927fd993417b612c664e03c6fcf60e0.jpg

Cauliflower is roasted and the beans are added.

702129379_JustAddedBeans.thumb.jpg.3d30ba16876f4b66d8a6910c85660101.jpg

I'm waiting and ready, the aroma is wonderful. 

Waiting.thumb.jpg.547b2ae9f8a90dfd6939df88ddefa33f.jpg

Added pine nuts and had a few ground cherries so put them on the plate. The greenery was supposed to be coriander leaves but they looks so wilted I left them at the store. I used pea greens instead.

1564673343_PlatedCauliflower.thumb.jpg.b77a0de12bc9d96eefe6ca07140ad72f.jpg

Added a couple of cherry tomatoes from the garden.

1323415270_CauliflowerDinnerisPlated.thumb.jpg.f0457d2dc67b7977ab11ca85aa08e4f9.jpg

I really like this dish and will be making it again.

Spiced Roast Cauliflower with Coriander Leaf

A gorgeous, sticky, earthy-red mixture of spices which sort of caramelize on the bottom of the baking tray, turning this from something ordinary into something very special.

Serves 2 as a main meal, or 4 as a light meal/starter

cauliflower 1, broken into bite-sized chunks

onion 1 medium, finely sliced

smoked paprika 1 tsp

ground cumin 1 tsp

ground coriander ½ tsp

garlic 3 cloves, crushed

olive oil 4 tbsp

fine sea salt ½ tsp

butter beans, haricot or cannellini 1 tin, drained and rinsed

Juice of half a lemon

fresh coriander 1 small bunch, leaves only

Preheat the oven to 375F fan/gas mark 6. Put all the ingredients except the beans, lemon juice and fresh coriander into a mixing bowl and mix together with your hands until everything is evenly coated with oil and spices. Transfer to a baking tray and bake in the centre of the oven for 25-30 minutes, until just tender and starting to crisp around the edges.

Remove from the oven, add the beans and lemon juice, toss everything gently, then return to the oven for a few minutes, just until the beans are warm.

Divide the coriander between the plates and place the cauliflower on top, making sure you scrape all the juices and spices off the tray. Serve with chunks of fresh bread.

Top with pine nuts.

https://www.theguardian.com/food/2018/sep/02/anja-dunk-spiced-cauliflower-strammer-max-apple-cake-recipes

Edited by MacKenzie