Aussie Ora

I found this interesting

I used to be in with the beetroot haters but I grew some on my plot this year and made myself eat some.  Sorry @Aussie Ora, I am still not quite at the point where I can bring myself to put beetroot in burger but beetroot rosti and beetroot peeled and baked whole and then chopped up  and dressed with vinaigrette and wilted beet leaves are both very tasty.  Best of all is an awesome smoothie with ginger, carrot and apple.  Gloriously pink and delicious!

I went away on holiday and came back to find my beets had grown to massive proportions.   I think you'd need a monster burger to take a slice of one of these!

1623011306_HJResxVzR5ShhH2bgIIIQ.thumb.jpg.d95495737101b1cf1f03feb7fdbe47e5.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Pickled beets are a favorite, as a side.  Cheese on a hamburger is the norm, however, if you live in the southern hemisphere I believe it maybe a constitutional amendment, or a decree of some sort to put beets on the hamburger but, when England deposited those incorrigibles so many years ago there was no cheese, and alas the " custom has stood to this day. "

• Like 2