Jon B.

Any Clemson Football Fans Want To Bet Some Rub?

Tomorrow Syracuse University plays Clemson in Death Valley Stadium.  Both teams are undefeated. 

Any KK Clemson fans willing to bet some of your best local or favorite seasonings on the outcome of the game??

I say Syracuse upsets the home team :grin:!

Al-comers.............................Post your acceptance of my challenge before game time and the bet is on.

If SU wins.......you owe me a container of your favorite/local rub or sauce and if by some crazy chance my team loses........I will send you some of our local award winning Dinosaur BBQ rub or sauce.

May the best team win!!!!!!!  

• Like 2

Tomorrow Syracuse University plays Clemson in Death Valley Stadium.  Both teams are undefeated. 

Any KK Clemson fans willing to bet some of your best local or favorite seasonings on the outcome of the game??

I say Syracuse upsets the home team default_icon_biggrin.gif!

Al-comers.............................Post your acceptance of my challenge before game time and the bet is on.

If SU wins.......you owe me a container of your favorite/local rub or sauce and if by some crazy chance my team loses........I will send you some of our local award winning Dinosaur BBQ rub or sauce.

May the best team win!!!!!!!  

I was looking at the teams I will take you up on the bet. I reckon Clemson for the win

Outback Kamado Bar and Grill

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Grant said:

Seriously?   I’m shocked no one wants to play.  I’ll accept your challenge my friend.   Hmmm.  What should I try this award winning sauce on first?

Grant, The bet is on :smt023.  The local rub/sauce is great on chicken...........but don't start counting them until they hatch :grin:.

• Like 1

Dude, are you insane? Clemson in Death Valley is a slam dunk win for the red necks!! Seeing how their D completely demolished my Yellow Jackets last week, ya'll are in for a very long day!! As much as I hate Clemson (3rd only to Georgia & Notre Dame in my haters club!) - sorry, Jon, but I won't take the bet, as it would be like stealing candy from a baby! :laughing6:

POST-GAME UPDATE: Well shut my mouth, the 'Cuse did a whole lot better than I was expecting. But, like I've known over the many years, it's really hard to be them in Death Valley - why do you think they call it that in the first place? (Yeah, it's damn hot on the field, too!)

Edited by tony b
  • Like 1

@Grant @Aussie Ora @tony b  It was a valiant effort on the part of Syracuse, leading until the last two minutes.  Feel bad about the injury to the Clemson QB.  Hate to see that happen to any player.

I have Aussie's address....Grant please PM me a mailing address where I can send your winnings (get your own chicken :-D). 

Tony you get some also for your nice POST-GAME UPDATE (will have my sister drop them off later this month).

Will post a photo of the prize rubs & sauces before sending this this week. 

Love college football !!    Too much fun :smt023

@ckreef going to send the BBQ sauce I promised you also)

Edited by Jon B.
can't spell
  • Like 2

Well it was certainly a much more interesting game than I anticipated!  I was feeling bad, especially after Tony’s comment of stealing candy from a baby.   Turns out the old ‘Cuse did way better than I could have imagined in Death Valley. 

I love college football too.   Your challenge made this game even more fun!

Thanks Jon. 

• Like 2

I really had no idea thought i would take you up though lol. Was watching the game up until the 2nd half I was thinking loser .Great game .I'm getting the hang of the rules . I like college football much faster pace than the nfl

[mention=3098]Grant[/mention] [mention=2714]Aussie Ora[/mention] [mention=975]tony b[/mention]  It was a valiant effort on the part of Syracuse, leading until the last two minutes.  Feel bad about the injury to the Clemson QB.  Hate to see that happen to any player.
I have Aussie's address....Grant please PM me a mailing address where I can send your winnings (get your own chicken :-D). 
Tony you get some also for your nice POST-GAME UPDATE (will have my sister drop them off later this month).
Will post a photo of the prize rubs & sauces before sending this this week. 
Love college football !!    Too much fun :smt023
( [mention=1832]ckreef[/mention] going to send the BBQ sauce I promised you also)

Outback Kamado Bar and Grill

15 hours ago, tony b said:

My box arrived today - safe & sound. Thanks, Jon!! Thinking I'll try this stuff out on a batch of burnt ends I plan to do in a couple of weeks. 

10 hours ago, Grant said:

My carefully packaged box arrived today as well.  I plan on trying it out this weekend.

Thanks Jon! 

Very happy they arrived safely!!!  Went I shipped some of the same stuff to  @5698k , one of the bottles exploded and he had to clean up a mess.  Started individually bagging the bottles after that.   

The Dinosaur BBQ restaurant was started by a couple motorcycle "bikers" and has a cult like following in Syracuse.  it has grown to 5 or 6 restaurants in NY and serves decent BBQ food.  Was voted one of the top BBQ joints in the US a few years back.

I was telling @ckreef the Dinosaur is not my favorite BBQ food in Syracuse.  We have a place call Limp Lizard that in my humble opinion serves better BBQ and has better sauce.  However, people rave about the Dino sauce and ckreef really likes it too.   I hope you enjoy it also!     

@Aussie Ora yours is on the way also.  Will PM you the USPS tracking number.

I do, however, expect you to proudly use the Cuse can cooler while sampling your winning sauce.  :smt023 

• Like 1