Wahoo

Pork Shoulder on the 42

Smashed up some spices in the grinder tonight and dry rubbed a rolled pork shoulder. Turned out way too much food just for 4 of us but hey ho .

I’m gonna have to put the brakes on cooking on this damn thing at least for a couple of days anyway ! Either that or start posting invites for the whole god damn street to call round .

For sides did some Pak Choi / Spring Onions and a drizzle of Oyster Sauce .

Cookers now redundant in the house 🤣.

Microwave still operative for our 7 year old daughter .

Having fun experimenting , Pizza next I’m told by the missus .

Wahoo .

727d30d7b27eea04e9d4fd7d6ff3de33.jpg

fcc44454a3e05a53e40023da50507894.jpg

83836363e02fb029b920b452f148070e.jpg

d681da52432af6ee6283e14b0176a469.jpg

b49aa662e8f911754e9fbacc3efca703.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 5

Very nice. I see you have a MEATER. How do you like it? (btw - I've got one, too.)

Hi Tony ,
Pretty happy with the meter but unless I’m stood next to my KK I can’t get a connection on it .

Wireless connectivity is poor I find but a good user interface.

I’d use it again for sure with any big joints , I went for the meter opposed to a wired sensor purely because of using the Rotisserie but I might research some others on the forum here.

Wahoo .

Yeah, I bought mine primarily for the rotisserie cooks, as it's the only non-wired probe I know of. For other cooks where I want to monitor the temps, it's either when I using my Guru, or for just a simple temperature monitor, the new XR-50 model from Maverick is very nice. They've really up'ed their game from the old ones - solid construction, multiple probes and vastly easier to use. 

Yeah, I bought mine primarily for the rotisserie cooks, as it's the only non-wired probe I know of. For other cooks where I want to monitor the temps, it's either when I using my Guru, or for just a simple temperature monitor, the new XR-50 model from Maverick is very nice. They've really up'ed their game from the old ones - solid construction, multiple probes and vastly easier to use. 

Thanks Tony , il have a look at this XR-50

Anyone considering trading in their Meaters for the new Meater+?  The + has a bluetooth repeater built in the probe charger.

Although delivery is around the corner, for those who want to get cooking with MEATER today, we are announcing a MEATER Block trade-in program for our crowdfunding supporters.

For those wishing to take advantage of this, we’d like to introduce you to MEATER+. We’ve added a Bluetooth Repeater in the bamboo charger to connect to the probe and boost the signal to your smart device! Since the charger sits outside of the cooker, the wireless signal will be able to travel significantly farther up to 165ft/50m.

From the looks of things, they are FINALLY getting ready to start shipping out Meater Blocks.  Maybe those aren't vaporwear after all LOL.  I'm looking forward to mine.  But its taken forever and a day for them to get decent design together and create a shippable product.

Edited by Gnomatic

I got the email about the new MEATER+. I already have the original single probe unit from their Kickstarter, which was also 2 years late in development; but it finally happened, so I have high expectations for the Block finally hitting the streets after all this time. The + looks like a significant upgrade to the original, but I don't need another one, so I'm going to stick with the one that I have. 

• Like 2

On 10/2/2018 at 5:51 PM, tony b said:

I got the email about the new MEATER+. I already have the original single probe unit from their Kickstarter, which was also 2 years late in development; but it finally happened, so I have high expectations for the Block finally hitting the streets after all this time. The + looks like a significant upgrade to the original, but I don't need another one, so I'm going to stick with the one that I have. 

I got my email this morning to confirm my shipping address for my Meater block.  Looks like I was backer #953, so I think my unit will be in one of the first batches that gets shipped.  Years late but I have to say I'm looking forward to getting it.

• Like 1